Windshield Washer Fluid | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Windshield Washer Fluid

HNielsen

Reaction score
I push the washer button and the wipers go for a few seconds but no fluid reaches either the front windshield or the rear window. I can hear the pump, sounds like it is working. Tried to remove the hose from the washer reservoir but is difficult to do so in an attempt to force compressed air through the delivery lines. What can I do? The washer reservoir and the coolant reservoir appear to be a single unit. Do I have to remove that to get to the fluid line? Is that what I should be doing? Any advise?

What year explorer/ranger/etc. Can you disconnect the lines that go to the hood mounted dispensers and see if you have a clog?

Our 2000 Ford Explorer 6 cylinder SOHC was not spraying washer fluid spraying from the driver side. Passenger side and Rear are working fine. I checked the lines and found that the tee connector had broken and the hose going to the driver side window sprayer was broken inside the hose. Just follow the outflow hose from the windshield washer hose and it is a couple of feet away towards the top/ center of the back of the engine.

A local dealership couldn't locate what part number or name of the exact part I needed. I went to O'Reilleys and got the plastic tee connector assortment by "Help!" There was one that was very close to what I needed. 2 of the 3 ends fit perfectly, the other was a bit tight but worked. Cost $5.

I was able to break the loose pieces of plastic from the old tee in the hoses by squeezing the hose with my fingers and using needle nose pliers. I squoze the hose around the loose plastic. It broke off and I shook it out. Used soapy water on the new tee connector. It is a tight work space and eventually took off the cover with the "SOHC" label on it. Should have done that initially and the job would have taken half the time. Only 4 screws and was a simple process. Everything works like new for now.

Hope it helps.

Back