Wiper delete mod and some other stuff. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wiper delete mod and some other stuff.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Matte black inserts on the rear panel to play with the gloss/matte theme of the ovals, billet hitch cover and my favorite the rear wiper delete using a billet delete plug after a small modification. I’m loving how the rear view is coming together.
8638EF57-8EDE-4255-B6D5-75C2415E2F9E.jpeg

Attachments

• ADE46D70-D147-40CE-B338-9332C0406FF7.jpeg
    ADE46D70-D147-40CE-B338-9332C0406FF7.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 216
  • A64A8828-E196-4B44-8CC4-2ACE0B37B877.jpeg
    A64A8828-E196-4B44-8CC4-2ACE0B37B877.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 226

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is the rear wiper not part of a safety inspection? Does this also mean that the rear camera washer no longer works?

Peter

No...it has nothing to do with a safety inspection here and let’s be honest...the camera washer does **** all to actually wash the camera. lol

No...it has nothing to do with a safety inspection here and let’s be honest...the camera washer does **** all to actually wash the camera. lol

Interesting you say that because I have had our ST for 1 year now and havent had to clean the rear camera once manually even during our New England winters. Our 2011 used to get gross all the time. Must do something pretty well IMO.

I also found the camera washer really handy in Winter conditions. Works great, as does the rear wiper to keep the window clean.

Peter

We don’t have winter conditions in southeast Texas and I’ve never touched the rear wiper. The camera washer is still intact should a piece of dust ever block my view.

Is the rear wiper not part of a safety inspection? Does this also mean that the rear camera washer no longer works?

Peter
Varies by state. Some states don't require a rear wiper. Some require that if you have one, that it works. Some don't even require a rear window if you have adequate mirrors. Some limit the size of stickers you can have on a rear window.

Mine was right at 15/16”.
Just remove the wiper arm and motor. Then decide what you want to plug the hole with.

On the Aviator, the rear wiper is hidden under the 3rd brake light and sweeps in a downward motion. That's handy for clearing off snow since it doesn't have to lift it. :)

Peter

Mine was right at 15/16”.
Just remove the wiper arm and motor. Then decide what you want to plug the hole with.

OK, you also said you needed to make minor modifications...what were those modifications?

Just had to grind a little locating tab off the delete plug I used. It was for a Honda or something.

The wiper delete looks awesome. The rear wiper is a joke anyways. And there is a rear camera washer?? haha never knew!!
I have the same Ford logos they look awesome. What exhaust doe you have?

Front and rear camera washers. I find the rear wiper very handy given that these types of vehicles tend to pull up all kinds of dirt and dust on the back of them.

Peter

Back