wiring aftermarket head unit to factory woofer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wiring aftermarket head unit to factory woofer

If you have a stock subwoofer in your '01, it will be 8" unless you put a '91-'97 6" enclosure in there.

Careful if shopping for subs, very few are shallow enough to fit the enclosure. The JL will, that's the one I used.

CLICK ME

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK. Thanks. Been looking around and I think I will try to wire up the one that in the back. Kinda miss doing this stuff. Last week I wired up a new Kenwood HU and some new alpine speakers in the back. Plan today will be to wire this puppy up.

well im deffinately going aftermarket on that sub...i already have a punch p3 in the back so im going to get the rca signal from the amps rca output made for a second amp...then just run the power and ground from the amp as well...this is going to save me alot of wiring time...i figured i may as well use both amps since i got em...i also want to figure out what they put out because if they put out more than my head unit ill get 2 more and use them for the front and back jbl's...btw i got the jbl's from the two limited explorers as well so now i got the jbl two ways in the fromt and back...they sound great...especially for stock speakers...this is gonna be the greatest stock setup ever...on the cheap...anyway if you happen to figure out the wattage on these id love to know

dscf1090b.jpg

85w rms, 150w max on the factory amp.

What I wanna know is how to replace that stock amp and still use the same wiring for the new amp?

Thanks for the tips

Black -
Red+
White Remote On which should be a blue cable on the back on your HU harness

Just did this today, works like a charm!

Installed a JVC KW-R800BT today, did the exact same thing. I ran an RCA all the way from the front and just spliced in the white amp wire to the antenna power wire that came with the crutchfield harness. Works great, no issues.

Thanks for the advice guys

Back