wiring diagrams for 2003 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wiring diagrams for 2003 explorer

JNHuban

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer
Hi,
Does anyone have wiring diagrams for the 03 explorer? My air bag light is on and I have a trouble code 12 (low voltage?). I'm trying to trace the harness to connector c 209 -14 (ctk 937) to test the voltage and I would prefer to have the wiring diagram to refer to. I've tried googling images and seem to be going in circles.
Any help and/or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks - Jim Huban

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the quick reply. These links have a lot of information. Hopefully This will be a good reference to follow.

Thanks again!
Jim Huban

While the information given to my prior post was helpful, I haven't been able to use it to correct this problem (error code 12 - low voltage). Is there a resource available to trouble shoot this code? I had a GM shop manual for my old Camaro that had ladder diagrams to trouble shoot the problems. It was the best tool I could have bought for that car. Is there a similar resource for this Explorer?

I have Mitchells at work. Let me know if you need the diagram.

Yes, by all means. Any and all information would be useful. It's to the point I've almost reconciled going to a professional. The only thing I've concluded is that this wiring harness wasn't made to be serviced. It is tight! No slack whats so ever. No place to check the voltage. Unfortunately I see an issue in the information I've gotten and what I see in the truck. Unless I'm Looking at the wrong harness, which could be, the R/W wire I'm looking for (#937?) is terminated on pin number 13 instead of 14. Given the ramifications of this system. I'm not comfortable probing this connector.

Thanks - Jim Huban

Hi,
Does anyone have wiring diagrams for the 03 explorer? My air bag light is on and I have a trouble code 12 (low voltage?). I'm trying to trace the harness to connector c 209 -14 (ctk 937) to test the voltage and I would prefer to have the wiring diagram to refer to. I've tried googling images and seem to be going in circles.
Any help and/or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks - Jim Huban
I am having the same problem

Back