wont start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

wont start

delby

Reaction score
ok here is what started everything,

my heater stopped working so i read in here to check the fuses and relays and everything is fine power is going to the blower motor,

but i need to go somewhere so i put everything back together but now it wont turn over and the gas pedal feels different

del

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you 'put everything together', then what did you take apart?

i pulled the fuse for the blower motor on in the interior and the one under the hood, both were good so i put back, pulled the 3 relays under the distribution box put back, unplugged the blower motor to see if power was going to the motor it was so plugged back in now it wont turn over

before all this it was running other than the blower motor dying on monday.

del

ok got it started but it died like 15 minutes later and now wont start again

did you check electrical or fuel?

what do u mean fuel,
my fuel gauge doesn't work

what should i check electrical

not being sarcastic, but is the gas tank empty, since the gauge won't tell you? is the battery good?

there is gas in it,
only 100km since the last fill up
battery is charged

can taking out the relay fuel pump, ecm and i dont know what the other one is, i did put them back in the correct spot, also disconnected the blower motor relay but plugged it back in, all of the sudden make it not start,

can the inertia switch be involved in this anyway

i only checked 2 fuses and both had to do with the blower motor,

del

i'm not sure if it'll start with the inertia switch tripped. since it started again, then quit, it seems erratic like it was that fuel relay. more experienced members here can help. are you getting the fuel pump sound when you turn the ignition to 'on'?

1st: just to be clear, is this the kind of no start where the starter is working fine cranking the engine, but the engine doesn't start? Assuming the starter is working fine:

did you check electrical or fuel?
Fuel issues seem to be a little more common than other issues. Do you hear the fuel pump run for a couple of seconds when you turn the key to on (not start)? If not, then it is time to test the fuel pump circuit. If the pump runs, is it generating the correct pressure? Put a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail.

Do you have spark at the spark plugs?

Back