Woo Hoo, pulled up my window sticker! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Woo Hoo, pulled up my window sticker!

rnmomx2

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 EX Limited on order
I'm so excited that I am able to pull up my window sticker today that I had to post! It's the little things you know, lol. Ordered my Ex 5 weeks ago and was told a delivery date of 6 weeks (not going to happen, but barring any holds, I might see it before our planned spring break trip in April, fingers crossed). One more milestone down in the journey! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay, so now that I have a window sticker, how do I know when it's built? I'm guessing the only way to know without bugging customer service would be to check sync to see when it get's it's "brains"?

Scheduled Build Date Coded on Window Sticker

In the upper left-hand corner of the window sticker, on the very first line, in the THIRD group of numbers/letters, is a code that starts with 12011... Ignore the 1. 2011 is the year. Then you will see the date that it is presently scheduled to be built. Mine said: 120110310. This means it was SCHEDULED to be built on March 10, 2011. There's the good news. Now the bad.

What it says on the sticker is no guarantee it will be built on that very day. Sometimes there are delays, as was the case with mine. In my case, it was actually assembled just one day later, on March 11, but I heard delays can be longer.

Also, keep in mind, there have also been reports of some lengthy delays getting some built units through inspection, off the factory lot and onto railcars for shipping out of Chicago. Then, of course, add the time it will take to get it to you in whatever part of the country you live.

Just to give you an idea: in my case it was built on Friday, put onto a rail car Sunday and the official ETA to my dealer in Jacksonville, FL is two weeks after that. I have no idea why it would take that long or IF it will but...be prepared to hurry up and wait, as they say in the military.

Hope this helps.

I'm so excited that I am able to pull up my window sticker today that I had to post! It's the little things you know, lol. Ordered my Ex 5 weeks ago and was told a delivery date of 6 weeks (not going to happen, but barring any holds, I might see it before our planned spring break trip in April, fingers crossed). One more milestone down in the journey! :D

What is your expected build date? Mine is supposed to be 3/21, but no sticker yet. :mad:

What is your expected build date? Mine is supposed to be 3/21, but no sticker yet. :mad:

I was told 3/21, but according to the sticker following atthebeach's directions (thanks!), it says 3/22 in the upper left corner. I'm not sure there is a specific day to see window stickers as I've seen some posts saying they saw it up to the day of build. I've been checking every day and it just showed up this morning.

I was told 3/21, but according to the sticker following atthebeach's directions (thanks!), it says 3/22 in the upper left corner. I'm not sure there is a specific day to see window stickers as I've seen some posts saying they saw it up to the day of build. I've been checking every day and it just showed up this morning.

Maybe mine is behind yours and the sticker will show up tomomorrow.

Thanks for the reply! :thumbsup:

Yay! Sticker!! Kind of fun seeing your name on it, too, no?

My sticker shows a 3/7 build date and I live 30-odd miles from the assembly and I'm still mostly patiently waiting for delivery (I've promised myself to stop bugging Seni until Friday- she rocks). ETA is this week, so we'll see. I've also got a road trip coming soon that I'd love to use this car for, but I understand the engine has to be broken in first. So, it'll be a tight race to see if I get it in time.

I think maybe it was better when I didn't know where my car was in production. :)

Got mine today...build date 3/23.

The sticker doesnt have my name on it though, maybe that gets entered later? Oh well, as long as it gets delivered to the right place.

Got mine today...build date 3/23.

The sticker doesnt have my name on it though, maybe that gets entered later? Oh well, as long as it gets delivered to the right place.

Under optional equipment on the right side, it says Tag 000X000 "name". Congrats on the sticker, now I can't wait for mine to be built!

Under optional equipment on the right side, it says Tag 000X000 "name". Congrats on the sticker, now I can't wait for mine to be built!

I don't have that. I wonder if some dealers don't add it just in case they have to put the vehicle back into stock to sell.

Hmmm...nothing like that on shows up on mine. :scratch:

Woo Hoo, just pulled my window sticker up with build date of 3-24. Ordered 5 weeks ago!!! Dealer told me to expect a 12 week wait so it will be sooner I hope!!!! Any ideas on when I may receive it????? So excited, had to share!!!!!!!

QUESTION: #'s on the top left-hand corner of sticker have changed from when I originally viewed my sticker. Originally it was 9-NORMAL, NB, 300733, BF01, 000013255 BLEND. It now is 4-REBILL, NB, 300733, BF02, 000013591 BLEND. Does anybody know what these numbers mean, if anything?

Back