Worst stuck pic thread | Page 45 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Worst stuck pic thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ah ok. I asked because if we knew the brand, maybe we can stay away from it :)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

it was the hook end of the tow rope, it snapped.... and went through both sides of the tail gate

Si

That's why you don't use tow ropes with hooks, get yourself a true recovery strap. Hooks kill or seriously injur.

This is not a recovery strap..
strap_clip_image001.jpg

this is what you need, the higher rated the better
strap_clip_image002.jpg

My recovery gear consists of recovery straps, different sized clevis, tree savers, snatch blocks and solid recovery points on the vehicle both front & rear.

Ouch :eek: The ring went through both sides of the lift gate!!! There was definitely serious force behind that. Exactly for that reason I always use HEAVY duty recovery equipment because you can't put a price on your health.

Tow rope snapped... :(
1.jpg

Si

O U C H Si, better than a person but Sorry to see that! I have the exact type of "recovery strap" with hooks, Will Not be using it!

That's why you don't use tow ropes with hooks, get yourself a true recovery strap. Hooks kill or seriously injur.

This is not a recovery strap..
strap_clip_image001.jpg

this is what you need, the higher rated the better
strap_clip_image002.jpg

My recovery gear consists of recovery straps, different sized clevis, tree savers, snatch blocks and solid recovery points on the vehicle both front & rear.

This is a really old post but I was just scrolling through and saw it..

If you want a BADASS strap go down to your local fire department and ask what they do with old out of service hose. I promise itd be hard to find a much stronger strap. 100 foot sections and 50 feet sections are a wonder.

At my fire dept we'll give them away sometimes.

Just make sure you cut the couplings off the ends of the hose.

muddg.jpg

My friend got his chevy stuck in the sand yesterday so I made him feel better by plowing right into this mess! Wasn't really that badly stuck but the mud sure did fly :thumbsup:

Went out with a few buddies, one f150 got stuck. I got stuck pullin him out, then broke the housing on my winch pullin myself out. Then on our way out he got stuck again. I had to back through where i had already gone. Shoulda been easy right? This happened

E189EC48-orig.jpg

WoW that is ugly stuck. Like looking at my own Sport - not good....

And never connect two straps with anything metal (clevis included).

271137399.jpg

Went camping in Wyoming. Before this pic was taken both the bumpers were resting on the ground. I am currently very leery of wet clay now. This trip is what prompted me to look into lifting/bigger tires and eventually landed me here!

Agreed- nice Ex!

This pic is awesome... Love the visual effect from the sand...

ex3.jpg

Oh Yeah, that would make an Excellent Poster!!!!

And,

Suicide, not the same stuck as expected, but based on your surroundings I am going to say hell yeah that is stuck!!

went to lusters longhorn mud ranch saturday and found a new trail they just cut for opening weekend. unforunetly it was nothing but thick, deep and extremely sticky clay. it was so bad that when i got pulled out it ripped my front skid plate and bumper almost completely off and the rear bumper was relocated a little up and tilted, and started to rip my spare tire out from under the truck. looks like custom bumpers are in my near future. unfortunatly i didn't get any pic of it bc the park was getting close to closing and i wanted to get out so we could load up and go home and not have to come back to get my truck the next day.

Stock bumpers are not meant for pulling. I wrapped a strap around the frame and under the stock front bumper to pull myself out of a little snowbank and it tweaked the whole bumper

Its probably not a good thing to be posting new stuck pics only a few posts below the last one.

This one was takin while it was still filling
F08D19C2-orig.jpg

end result
13B16494-orig.jpg

Back