www.up22.com cowl hoods? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

www.up22.com cowl hoods?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

found it, i knew he had one. what does that look like to you guys, the 2.75" one? or the 4.75"?

i have 1 and what a pain it was it didnt fit right.. my boss and i had to extend it cut it raise the fenders.. good thing my boss is really good with fiberglass lol heres a couple of pics!!!
100_1520.jpg

100_1524.jpg

pre tires
100_1284.jpg

DSC01671.jpg

and here is what im talkin bout with cutting and adding
truckedit.jpg

the yellow we had to add about 1 3/4" on both sides
the red i had to trim about 2 inches off
hope this helps!!!

when did you get that? it was really that off? did you tell the company about it??

got it from up22 yea it was really that off. i did complain to them several times but nothing was ever done about it
i plan on making a reall cowl hood out of the stock hood and metal

It looks great though. Props for the patience to get it right.

I wish these hoods actually fit. They advertise them for explorers, so they should fit....right? I didn't think the ranger and explorer hoods were interchangeable.

I guess I will just have to get a first gen. lol

I've never heard of any fiberglass hood for any car that was just bolt on and paint regardless if it is specifically made for the vehicle.

I've never heard of any fiberglass hood for any car that was just bolt on and paint regardless if it is specifically made for the vehicle.

very true!

that hood wont fit a 98? why?

that hood wont fit a 98? why?

...because it wont fit a 95-97 either. Read above, they had to do some significant modifications to get it to fit right.

gotcha...

Back