XL2X-7000-DARM - what trans is that? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

XL2X-7000-DARM - what trans is that?

Swampy1970

Reaction score
City, State
Vacaville, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport Trac XLS
Edit: silly me got the code wrong - corrected code below.

XL2Z-7000-DARM - what trans is this? These letters sit underneath a resplendation REMANUFACTURED tag.

I was looking to test the ISS and wondered why it was nowhere (at least near the DTR sensor) too be seen. Then I spotted a "nice" remanufactured tag with XL2X-7000-DARM on it.

The odd thing is, I do get seperate ISS and OSS readings in Autoenginuity...

Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

According to FastParts network...

That tranny is an automatic for a 99-01 Explorer/Mountaineer 4.0 liter SOHC 4wd...

The actual listing is Automatic transmission - Transmission
Transmission, explorer, mountaineer, 4.0l, sohc, 4wd 1999 - 2001

That unit is a 5R55E...

That tranny is an automatic for a 99-01 Explorer/Mountaineer 4.0 liter SOHC 4wd...

The actual listing is Automatic transmission - Transmission
Transmission, explorer, mountaineer, 4.0l, sohc, 4wd 1999 - 2001

That unit is a 5R55E...

Thanks for that - interesting.

A brother from another momma?
... a 5r55e with no ISS? Hmmm...

Thanks for that - interesting.

A brother from another momma?
... a 5r55e with no ISS? Hmmm...

Bear in mind that when the Torque Converter Clutch is Engaged, ISS is the same as engine speed, which PCM is monitoring constantly anyway, so maybe the programming uses PCM to compare ISS vs. OSS ONLY after the TCC engages........imp

Bear in mind that when the Torque Converter Clutch is Engaged, ISS is the same as engine speed, which PCM is monitoring constantly anyway, so maybe the programming uses PCM to compare ISS vs. OSS ONLY after the TCC engages........imp

What I saying is the ISS is physically not on the side on the trans where it should be on a 5r55e...

... The OSS is where it should be but the ISS migrated south for the winter :p

Back