XLT / Sport Appearance Package | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

XLT / Sport Appearance Package

Thanks...it's hard to see, but I added graphite pinstripes to it and it made a big difference (IMO). Well worth the $25 and 30 minutes of time.

Next I need to do something about the blue oval FORD emblems...

What do people replace the blue emblems with and is it easy?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm lazy, so I'll use a $5 can of gray Plastidip and 15 minutes.

Should look better.

I thought about that. Would you remove them prior to spraying or just tape up the body paint?

Last summer, I looked outside and noticed my neighbor spray painting his 2013 Toyota Tundra OEM wheels. I went out there and said...."What the hell are you doing"?????? Turns out, he was spraying the Plastidip on them which is the first time I heard of it. When I walked away, I told him good luck with a smirk. The next day, I made it a point to look at his truck and to my surprise, his wheels looked awesome. I couldn't believe how good they looked. They honestly looked like they came from the factory black.

I thought about that. Would you remove them prior to spraying or just tape up the body paint?

Last summer, I looked outside and noticed my neighbor spray painting his 2013 Toyota Tundra OEM wheels. I went out there and said...."What the hell are you doing"?????? Turns out, he was spraying the Plastidip on them which is the first time I heard of it. When I walked away, I told him good luck with a smirk. The next day, I made it a point to look at his truck and to my surprise, his wheels looked awesome. I couldn't believe how good they looked. They honestly looked like they came from the factory black.

I'll just tape around them and spray away...the word 'FORD' is raised so it'll show under the plastidip which should look good.

I'll smoke the lights front/black and call it a day.

Sorry to reopen this thread but how long do some of special orders take? Ive ordered mine on the last week of november and still haven't received it yet

...Ive ordered mine on the last week of november and still haven't received it yet

Insightful question, invertedzero. :) I'm looking into it and will keep you posted soon. Please hang tight.

Kwasi

Sorry to reopen this thread but how long do some of special orders take? Ive ordered mine on the last week of november and still haven't received it yet

What do you mean by special order? Does Ford have a custom
thing going on.

I ordered an XLT on Jan. 22nd, and will take delivery tomorrow.
I am looking forward to it, and will post on how we like it.

Wow i ordered mine last week of november and i still dnt have it but i do hope you enjoy yours

What do you mean by special order? Does Ford have a custom
thing going on.

I ordered an XLT on Jan. 22nd, and will take delivery tomorrow.
I am looking forward to it, and will post on how we like it.
I believe he is referring the "Appearance Package". That brings the look of the XLT closer to that of the Sport but without the Ecoboost engine.

Peter

XLT appearance package (2015) wheel question

Those with this package, what color or is your center cap chrome on your rims? When we picked ours up, whoever picked it up that was supposed to grab the floor mats and these caps got the wrong ones- they actually flew off. So they ordered the correct caps and floor mats. However, my wife has seen what looks to be navy blue with the regular blue emblem, the dark gray of the rim, and what looks like chrome. Just wondering what is supposed to be the correct color or chrome cap. A lot of pics in brochures and online are showing a dark color cap, be it dark gray or black and that is what the wife is expecting. I'm guessing the chrome we ended up getting is correct but just curious if anyone had a different one? Thanks. Other than that we love it. No-one around has this package so had to ask online. Sometimes it's a pain in the ass to have unique stuff.

i have the package as well and my center caps are silver/chome withe the ford logo on them also. i too was expecting the blue

The more we looked into it, the same caps you got are indeed the right ones. She's happy, I stop hearing about it!!

That was introduced in the 2015 MY wasnt it?

I actually really like those 20" grey painted wheels.....they would look great on a Magnetic Sport.

I think I like those wheels more.. lol

Since the remote start is standard, key less entry also, power mirrors. Do you think think Ford will include remote window opening and closing? That would be really welcoming in a hot weather.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since the remote start is standard, key less entry also, power mirrors. Do you think think Ford will include remote window opening and closing? That would be really welcoming in a hot weather.

That isn't available on any Explorer sub model.

Back