XPLODER with d44 swap out of early bronco ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

XPLODER with d44 swap out of early bronco ?

i got the new spring buckets off the bronco im using the d44 from.. now when i put the new buckets on my explorer frame, do i just put them right where the old explorer buckets were???

please inform me or even give me some measurementts!!!

thx thx thx

Every setup is going to be a little different. Your best bet is to look through the Off Road Projects section and see what others have done. Only you know where you want your buckes and it may depend on a few things. Are you looking to streach you wheelbase? Do you need the axle moved forward for more fender clearence? What kind of radius arms are you using? Are you using the stock steering box?

Personally I would mock up the axle with the RAs attached and see where everything ends up. It will take a lot of checking and double checking to ensure that everything lines up the way you want. We can give you guidelines, but in the end its up to you.

^^ x2

Examples:
for mine, I moved it foward about 2" (issues: clearance, longer wheelbase, driveshaft)
I also angled it slightly foward to align with the coil cups as the axle tilted foward for the radius arms. i also had to space it out on both ends about 2- 3 inches

But then again, I have a full width dana 44!!!

Back