-XX- Paragon Run Late August | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

-XX- Paragon Run Late August

I just got back from chris's and i had a real good time. Chaz (ex95xlt) did a real good job his first time out doing real wheeling. Justin, man i said it before and ill say it again it sucks what happened to you. What happened to you makes my accident in my old truck seem trivial. Its scary i almost rolled in the same spot. I was by the 380 split and a tractor trailer came into my lane fast and I swerved to avoid him. as i swerved i saw a suzuki on my left and i swerved back to avoid him and i fishtailed a good 4-5 times. Muskrat said the rear end of my truck slid a good 4-5 ft sideways. He said he could see the side of my truck. On another note bigbadford I would trust Justin's judgement on the saftey if towing a truck. Ive wheeled with him on many occasions and he is a level headed individual. He works at a u-haul dealership and I would think that would give him a pretty good knowledge of the use of towdollies and such.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

last night i got home like 3 and i was so dam tired from our 2:30am bbqs i went right to bed and didnt post anything. thanks to lizard for letting me crash at his house, and for everyone else teaching me how to ride the trails safely. it sucks what happened to justins X. on my way up to lizards place i saw the flipped X, but didnt relize who it was cause i didnt know anyone that was gonna be there, or i would of stopped. Big Bad Ford-i think justins judgement on towing is trustworthy since he works at e-haul.

I made it home finally around 4am. Me and Rick were both so tired we were fighting to keep from falling asleep while we drove.

Damage report:

huge scratces down the passenger side - no idea how or when that happened - hopefully some scratch remover will help

busted tire - one of the times I slid off a rock it jammed pieces of it in between the wheel and tire, good thing I had a full-sized spare for the trip home - I'll take the tire off the wheel and fix it myself

destroyed parking brake - no idea how it happened, was locked up and the shoes were destroyed inside the rotor, removed the pieces for the ride home

busted exhaust - don't know exactly where the hole, or holes, are, but had to happen when that rock was jammed between the cats and torsion bar

I doubt I'll be making another trip that long to wheel until after the truck gets a little bigger, too much to worry about when you have to drive 6-7 hours home.

I did have a great time wheeling though, and was glad to meet you guys. I'm looking forward to the next time I make it up there.

Oh yeah, for those of you that were there for my previous trips to Paragon, here's my accomplishments.

I defeated the Mini Rubicon! :D On my first try at that! No getting stuck, no help needed for spotting. Just went right up it. I wish I had waited so we could have got some pics though.

Rock Swamp, check. I went down the left side, and it took me a long time with a lot of spotting help, but I made it. :)

That big hill coming up from the stream that Chris and Jeff climbed last time I was there, right below where we ate lunch, did it. We all thought I'd have a lot of trouble, and even the group of Jeepers came to watch. Nope, no trouble. Went right up it. :D

Chaz, glad to see you had a good time, wish I could have been there on Sunday. Did you have any real problems? try the RS:D It's better in the dark;)

Pics! Pics!

well I am glad to see that everyone had a good time this weekend I really wish I could have made it, but I will be there for the next one only as a ride along though :(

Justin, as long as you don't mind stockers, there's always a seat in the STX, How did everything go today?

nothing wrong with stocker, and hopefully I hear back from the insurance Co on wed

Well, I thought I escaped the curse this time, but apparently not...

I pulled a 'Darren' on the way home.....

I thought, according to my gauges, that I still had an 1/8th tank of gas left and I could make it to Arsenal Road in York....I was horribly wrong! I freaked as soon as BJ's engine went "ch-put ch-put" and died-I thought I'd finally killed the tranny. :eek:

A nice officer pulled up behind me and offered to help (we got to talking about X's and rangers-apparently he has a son with a lifted Ranger-if you guys see a newbie by the name of Taz, be nice to him!)

Thanks to Rick and John for convincing me NOT to use that octane boost-that was what got me off 83. Unfortunately, the closest exit led to historic York -they didn't have gas stations then and they sure as hell don't have them now, lol. The X konked out on me in the middle of a VERY bad neighborhood, but luckily I got a ride to the nearest gas station (5 miles!!!) and another back from some awesome locals.

To make my night so much the better, it's now 4 am, I'm still an hour from my home and fighting to stay awake, and suddenly my chewing gum is crunchy....I take a look at it and realize that I've pulled out the cap on one of my back teeth and was chewing on it! OWWWWW

Other than that, I had fun :D I'll have pix up soon-glad everybody made it home allright

Sorry to hear that Lindsey, the curse spares nobody.

On a brighter note, I just finished puting in my new 3.73LS and Roadmaster Active suspension, (only 10hrs) and it's quite a bit peppier. I also got the SVO axle girdle which looks cool, and I guess makes it stronger. I'll have pics up later.

Sounds good matt, your truck must really want to get sideways now with the betters gears and ls. I cant wait to take it out for spin again with the better gears. :D
On another note i got a new website and Ill hopefully have pics up in a few days if im not to busy.

Lindsey, Matt, John,
Glad to hear ya'll are home safe. And managed your traveling "adventures" successfully (?). I cant wait to see the pics, what time did you leave Lizards? I didnt even hit traffic at the GAP.

Lizard, thank you again for the tire storage, sofa, and everything else. Thank your wife. (she mentioned that the basement is planned for a "4x4" crash pad when finished, IF YOU NEED an extra set of hands let me know, we can take a weekend off from wheeeling and knock it out. ) The least I can do.

Originally posted by DasFrem

On a brighter note, I just finished puting in my new 3.73LS and Roadmaster Active suspension, (only 10hrs) and it's quite a bit peppier. I also got the SVO axle girdle which looks cool, and I guess makes it stronger. I'll have pics up later.

You had the day off?

OOOOO Can I test drive it too?:D :D

Glad u all had fun this weekend, for those of you that were here sunday night .... that problem has been resolved.... everythings ok now with that... good enough to say.... "WHENS THE NEXT RUN?"

There is no monthly run in september but there is the neurock rock crawling comp the first weekend in sept if any of you are interested in checking that out. Ill be there.... I was thinkin bout having another run for the middle of Oct.... hows that sound?

You had the day off?

actually I didn't, I left early and started the project around 4pm, and didn't finish until 2am, as if I hadn't already had sleep depravation already.

Here's a pic, you can't see the SVO cause of the glare, but its there:
Dead Link Removed

OOOOO Can I test drive it too?

Yeah, if you can convice me you can drive stick I'll let ya take it out. Hell, If I let Chris take it out, I'll probally let anybody do it.

Oh yeah, I put that Roadmaster Active suspension in there (those springs over the leafs) and they actually make quite a noticable difference. Oh, here's the pic before I put it in:
Dead Link Removed

yeah and I just learned to drive stick that night... :D

chris i was talking to bobbed ranger aboiut maybe comming out my way and making a 3 day wheelin trip or possibly a 2 day.... going to 3 differant places out here... do connelsville/scottdale one day. and get up early and head out to wellsville ohio the next.... would anyone be interested?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

matt looks real good... have to let me drive it.... im 5 speed master :D

Back