yet another alternative to Dynamat | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

yet another alternative to Dynamat

Come on SSIKORA, why didn't you put this stuff on the passenger door? I gotta know if it works! Without doing it myself of course.;)

I hope your hearing is 100% soon. Good luck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ran out of daylight. I will have my friend or fiance test it out later today or tomorrow. I am re-wrapping the vinyl on the drivers door.....so the door panel is still off as we speak. I will definately let you guys know though.

That might be a problem then. On my doors I used a single layer on the inside skin where the door panel attaches. On the outside door metal, I used a double layer of the Xtreme. It really sticks well to itself.

Also, that's why it would be ideal for the floors. You could just put down two layers. Then when the carpet and seats go back in, sticking is not an issue. The carpet would hold it down.

I also put a double layer of Xtreme on the cargo area floor. Only the passenger compartment floor left to do. I'll probably try this stuff. Thanks for the tip.

Dead Link Removed

Here you can see that even with a double layer, it conforms to the cargo floor really well.

Dead Link Removed

The side shot is after I put the quarter panel trim back. Didn't think to take photos till after. But the whole side is covered. The wheel humps have a double layer on them.

This stuff does conform to shape well...but I don't think as well as the dynamat. This stuff is 1/8" thick...so...it goes around corners....but is a little spongy.

DocVijay

How hard was it to remove the quarter panels in your Sport? Also are you going to do the headliner? I used FatMatt Dead Link Removed on my sport but didnt do behind the rear panels because it really looked like a pain in the butt. Also I didnt do above the headliner.

Originally posted by pete1122
DocVijay

How hard was it to remove the quarter panels in your Sport? Also are you going to do the headliner? I used FatMatt Dead Link Removed on my sport but didnt do behind the rear panels because it really looked like a pain in the butt. Also I didnt do above the headliner.

It was a real PITA. I didn't fully remove them as the seatbelts were still attached. I just stretched the belts out and put it on. It can be a pain, but it is possible. Just be patient, very patient.

I may do the headliner. I haven't even wanted to think about taking that off. I may just pay someone to do that.

After having removed my Sport's interior side panels probably 10 times over the last 5 years, I can get them out in about 30 minutes now. The 1 hour R/R is worth not having to step over and around the panel which will constantly be in your way.

To remove the panel, all you need to remove is:

4 torx bolts for the two seat belts
3 small philips screws that hold the bottom of the panel to the floor
1 small bolt for the coat hook
2 small torx bolts for the rear window latch
about 10 plastic push in rivets
floor trim piece in the hatch and doors

Back