Yet another seafoam question... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yet another seafoam question...

cskinner89

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Explorer XLT
Another seafoam thread. I know this information must exist somewhere but I sure cant find it. I'm going to seafoam my 93 XLT with a 4.0 push-rod engine. Where is the best place to put it in? I heard that the brake booster is no good as it doesn't feed all the cylinders evenly. so where else would you put it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After reading this I'm still confused. Also this thread is about a second gen SOHC or OHV. I have a push rod. different engines and different generations. Does anybody know where to do this on a push rod or first gen? also am I supposed to pour the stuff in or just take the line and stick it in the bottle and let it suck it up... This is got to be the most controversial question on this fourm

if I can add a little to the contrvesy

Why do you want to pour a solvent into your oil? Maybe many people have had good luck with this, but you are taking a chance

I'm not going to use it in the oil. I don't trust it that much. This is a questioin about using it with the intake

ON the bottom of the throttle body, theres a little hose that comes off. I followed it around to the front of the truck and put it in there. Doing that, new plugs/wires, and putting some in the gas, has made my 91 eb, a new machine, lol

Back