Yokohama Geolander A/T+ II | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yokohama Geolander A/T+ II

i'm thinking of ordering these tires in 265/70/16 for my 03 xlt and was wandering if anybody has any good or bad experiences with them. the local kal-tire shop here in vancouver b.c has them on sale for $193 a pieace down from $305. the tread looks nice and aggressive and the tire guy said there alot quiter than most A/T tires. so i thought i couldn't pass these up. what do you think???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've heard of people having bad wearing with them. No matter how many times they've rotated them they still cupped/feathered, etc. whatever you prefer to call it... Which also causes it to ride rough and make more noise.

there supposed to have 80,000km tread life and full warrenty, maybe these people had the old geolanders, i heard those were garbage but these new and improved ones are suppossed to be one of the best?

I heard they wear out quick.

4.0powered said:
there supposed to have 80,000km tread life and full warrenty, maybe these people had the old geolanders, i heard those were garbage but these new and improved ones are suppossed to be one of the best?
---------------
I don't think they are anything new because Tire rack has 13,000,000 miles listed of peoples reviews.
When I see that many people keep on buying them I figure they should be a pretty good tire.

I have them in 33's -- their ok...not the best not the worse

-Drew

i'm running 31s, and i'm happy with them. mine are cupped from my alignment being off, even still they're fairly quiet. they do pretty well off road. i have about 35,000 on mine and the backs are showing a little of wear, the front is a different story because of my front bumper. i would buy another set but i'm going with a mud tire.

Back