Moab 2016 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2016

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's turning into the one I saw in a picture long time ago that got me started in this whole explorer offroad thing, my vision is finally coming to life! I'm just hoping I can get one test day in it out in the country before its time for Moab, although it doesn't look good.

Any moab swap meet?:D

I got some 4.88 gears I don't need anymore, 8.8 and Dana 30 reverse high pinion if anyone is interested.

Any moab swap meet?:D

I have a Electric 1354 for free, Saginaw P pump for a 4.0 for 60, 35X12.5-15 BFG MT's 10 years old but in great looking shape set of 5 for 600 and maybe a C5 if anyone is interested.

What 2M frequency are we going to run need to program the radios

What 2M frequency are we going to run need to program the radios

Check repeaterbook.com for the repeaters in the Moab area. I think there's two that I have programmed into my radio. One 2m and one 70cm

FYI, Wells has a 323rd edition of the Moab guide. It was published on Feb 1st 2016. Includes BFE trails and more

3rd edition

Somebody's ready for Moab!!!:D

Attachments

• 1461112441284-514828862.jpg
    1461112441284-514828862.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 215

[MENTION=175736]Birdy[/MENTION], that rig looks sick! The build-up to this event is growing, with seeing that, Anthony's tow rig, and meeting more guys from here...the suspension is killing me!

and speaking of suspension, it's looking more and more each day like I won't have my new coils and extended RA's before this event.....I have EVERYTHING including bolts ready, but the springs are on back order...

[MENTION=175736]Birdy[/MENTION], that rig looks sick! The build-up to this event is growing, with seeing that, Anthony's tow rig, and meeting more guys from here...the suspension is killing me!

and speaking of suspension, it's looking more and more each day like I won't have my new coils and extended RA's before this event.....I have EVERYTHING including bolts ready, but the springs are on back order...

you need TTB springs or solid axle springs?

Thanks for the info and link Kevin. I just picked up a new copy.:chug:

Charles Wells Moab 3rd edition

Don't thank me, thank Paul. He was over here fore some shackle and coil spring work to level out his Bronco 3 and told me about it. I had it ordered before he made it the 4 miles back to the freeway.

At least you're not broke waiting for those parts, that would be worse! I'm just waiting for my front driveshaft to get built and I should be good to go, oh and I got my front elocker in the mail, so I guess I should put that in there too.

I'm feeling the crunch as well. Axle is getting new gears with the rebuild, and going to have to break them in at Moab. ack !

Can't work on the front until rear is back together. Needless to say, my weekends leading up to this trip are reserved for wrenching. lol

you need TTB springs or solid axle springs?

TTB springs...just got an email back..springs should be to them by Friday and I should have them by midweek next week...

At least you're not broke waiting for those parts, that would be worse! I'm just waiting for my front driveshaft to get built and I should be good to go, oh and I got my front elocker in the mail, so I guess I should put that in there too.

With parts and how much it'll take us to get out there and back, it'll be tight lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm feeling the crunch as well. Axle is getting new gears with the rebuild, and going to have to break them in at Moab. ack !

Can't work on the front until rear is back together. Needless to say, my weekends leading up to this trip are reserved for wrenching. lol

That's what I've been doing the last 2 weeks. Breaking in gears on the tow rig before the trip.

Back