HELP! I am stuck and i can't get out. (Story of the longest Whoops!) | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP! I am stuck and i can't get out. (Story of the longest Whoops!)

Here’s my problem. Stupid me went 4x4 in my STOCK!!! Explorer and got stuck in a swamp kind of creek thing. I don't really know what is but basically flooded grass. Its winter, about -13c and about 5 in of snow. So I broke through the ground and the wheels are in ruts and spinning freely. Ground level is the frame. How do I get out?

What I have available to me is a Kubota L2800 (Ruffly the same weight if not alittle heavier then the truck) with plow and Front end loader. I have a 3/4 ton come along and a 2 ton hoist. Lots of chain, no straps. I am a one man show with no help.

I have tried hooking a chain to the frame and the tractor and pulled from behind the truck and got nothing but spinning tires.

I have tried lowering the plow to the ground and curling the bucket to pull the truck out....Nothing

I have tried anchoring the tractor and using the 3/4 ton come along and got no where. I stopped one I couldn't move the handle back on forth easily in worry of breaking the chain.

My next moved was to try from the front of the truck. Anchor the tractor to the ground by putting the bucket and plow down. Attaching the 2 ton hoist to the bucket (there’s hooks welded to it). Attaching a chain to both side of the front frame, placing wooden rams on the front tires to help lift it to higher ground while I pull. My question is worth trying or a stupid idea? Is a hoist to dangerous to use in the vertical position?

Sorry I have no actual picks but i will post them once i can.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They had something similar to that on Red Green once, except he welded two rims together, and used a rubber band... it was pretty funny.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

to me it looks like it was a lot easier to get it out when it was still running and fresh in.

Beats me though how he was able to break the ice in that kind of weather (-25C). I would say that at this temperature everything was frozen solid at least three feet under.

I've been there before. Scared the heck out of me when I got stuck in some muck - I have discovered in time though that switching to 4 low helps a great deal.

Best of luck and an update would be nice. :salute:

All in good fun Dre... all in good fun

me likey the un stucker

We have a situation up at my parents house.
My dad left his F-250 parked up behind the house before the first storm this year, before Christmas.
Well yesterday was the first time we got to move it, so far we have it turned around and now down towards the driveway, but shes now sitting in a 3' drift.
The sun is shining and shell be back on the road soon, I tried yesterday with the BII to help tug her out, but even aired down with both lockers the poor BIIin mud will not budge a F-250.

I am buying a winch as soon as I hit the lotto

Dont feel too bad I am guessing there are still alot of vehicles that are screwed until spring, maybe just not as bad as your Ex, thats sucker looked stuck!
I wish he would give us an update

I have this feeling that he will not ever give a update...

we dunno

Chances are he's still there...:rolleyes:

I think the heaters are the best bet. You can rent them at home depot. Let it run all night, and throw a heavy tarp or concrete blanket (also ususally available for rental) over your x and a couple feet on either side. Works great for heating large areas, ground included. Its how we keep fresh pours of concrete from freezing in below 0. Should yank out like a stoubborn tooth after that!

I am very sorry guys, I haven't been keeping you informed.

Yeah its still stuck..... Now before everyone starts calling me lazy or stupid heres the situation. I have plenty of equipment to get this out and at any given moment i can tear it out with the push of a button. My only concern is the aftermath. I can get the tires free, i can attach chains and i can heat it all i want and just made more ice and burn more propane, but that sucker is stuck!!!! lol

My problem is when i start pulling on it some stuff will be left behind. for example there is ice raped around fuel lines, brake lines, tranny lines, misc wires and sensors. The only thing i can do to minimize damage is to wait for warmer weather and pull the truck out as a hole not in half.

Understood, nobody is going to think you stupid or lazyfor this, we are just curious because we are wishing you the best of luck and wish we could help more.

Yeah its still stuck..... Now before everyone starts calling me lazy or stupid heres the situation. I have plenty of equipment to get this out and at any given moment i can tear it out with the push of a button. My only concern is the aftermath. I can get the tires free, i can attach chains and i can heat it all i want and just made more ice and burn more propane, but that sucker is stuck!!!! lol

My problem is when i start pulling on it some stuff will be left behind. for example there is ice raped around fuel lines, brake lines, tranny lines, misc wires and sensors. The only thing i can do to minimize damage is to wait for warmer weather and pull the truck out as a hole not in half.

What a mess--
I was watching--glad you are ok

sorry to hear that. at list try to start the car and keep the engine in working order. if you leave it there for a few weeks in the ice then you will have a bigger problem than just tear it appart.

on these situations is better to pay a few bucks and have a company to pull it out immitietly.

anyhow good luck and let us know how everything goes.

i had the same situation going offroading in the mud before a week and i stuck. it was like 9 at the night and i call a friend with a long rope and he pull me out. i immitietly check everything and i clean it at the same time.

Athlonman, just make sure you video tape the extraction for us.

And good luck and nobody thinks your lazy were all just curious.

We have had to leave one in snow for one night but never this long...Crazy TN weather...that stinks that your still stuck...good luck

Understood, ALWAYS better safe than sorry. Just wanted to offer help. Best of luck, and let us know if all goes well!!:thumbsup:

so it will stay there for a while... :confused:

Back