Camburg 6" for 2nd gen Explorers/Ranger Edge | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Camburg 6" for 2nd gen Explorers/Ranger Edge

I dont know I was seriously thinking about linking the rear but I dont know how hard it would be and I dont want to have to cut up the floor in the rear to do a traditional 3 or 4 link setup. I might do some kind of cantilever setup. but I really want to link the rear because the front might pull 20" of travel and I want the rear to be about the same in travel numbers to the front and I am not sure if I can get those kind of numbers with Deavers.
I will have to wait until I get the front on before I make up my mind on what to do in the rear.
And if any of you have any ideas on how I could link the rear without having to go through the floor I would like to hear them. Your ideas might help me figure out what to do in the rear.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i know that deaver makes long travel springs for rangers and such that are capable of pullin around the same as your front end, like 20" + or -. they are over $1000 bucks though and they would probably have to custom make the springs for an X. might be quite a bit easier and less expensive than linking and will most likely drive better on the street if its still your DD

GIJOE, unfortunately with explorer, in their stock for, rear travel is limited. This is due to lack of bump travel. The rear fender wells simple do not give enough room. With a deaver LT pack, u are still only going to be able to get around 14'' due to the limited bump. So to fix this, u will need to tub out ur wheel wells for more clearance. the rear flare fenders offer no help, just look good. so if ur gonna cut the rear up to tub the wells, and if u have oh say at least a few extra G lying around, u might as well cut it all up and link it. but deavers or links, to get into the high teens of travel, ur gonna have to do some surgury.

FROADER said:
Saw those already.No action shots though. I want to see an explorer taking some woops going 50+ mph.

What about white96X?
youll get some your just gonna have to wait a few weeks for the deserts to cool down a little, there is usually a camera with me or my friends when we go so ill be sure to take some for ya froader

joe--hey man do not do a cantelievar on the rear...it is not anywhere as good as leaves especially deaver's...if you want some extra travel run a shackle like you see on some jeeps it's compressed when the tires are on the ground but unflolds when there's no pressure on the tires(jumps or whoops)and it'll give you like an extra 2-3" of travel....i limited my rear at 11" so with deavers and shackles you could get some pretty good numbers not as good as a 3 or 4 link but less expensive and easier...just a thought thats what i would do..

hopefully THIS week, the shop has been backed up lately. the only thing ill have done this week are some painted fenders

By the way, anybody makin any desert trips, desert seasons on its way

Ohhh man. I am getting goose bumps. I am waiting for a couple more checks from clients till i will be at camburg getting the 6.0 kit + deavers put on my expo!

the virgin

DSCF2641.jpg

boy,looks like i started a trend...guess i better enjoy it while i still have it to myself...j/k you guys will all be really happy with it..hey 96xsport where in oc are you at???

holy crap whose kit or are you gonna make one?, i know you fab up stuff but that would be hell of a project

white96x said:
boy,looks like i started a trend...guess i better enjoy it while i still have it to myself...j/k you guys will all be really happy with it..hey 96xsport where in oc are you at???

laguna niguel right off crown valley exit off the 5

you might reconize me by old explorer sport....

DSCF1694.jpg

DSCF1922.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I remember that thing, you were trying to sell it or did sell it a while back on DR. didnt you get an f 150?

Back