Camburg 6" for 2nd gen Explorers/Ranger Edge | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Camburg 6" for 2nd gen Explorers/Ranger Edge

taknitezX2 said:
a trend to some point. if all goes well i see my front end 9'' over (4.5 per side) pullin 17''. but shhhhh....its a secret.

I beat you to it :D . I have Camburgs long-travel kit sitting in my room right now I will try to get some pictures of it. I have just been really busy lately.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BigDave!!! said:
I remember that thing, you were trying to sell it or did sell it a while back on DR. didnt you get an f 150?

Yep I bought a bike a month before I sold the Expo. I had a rack for my bike on the back of the Expo but the tranny would overheat and slip on long journeys. So i got an F150 and with my driving habits with the 5.4L I was dropping $60 just about every 4 days. So i sold the truck and my bike.... Biggest mistake ever, miss the truck and the bike. But its good to be back to my roots.

Ok heres the pictures of my Long Travel kit.
LT1.JPG

LT2.JPG

LT3.JPG

LT4.JPG

LT5.JPG

Well I should be ordering the coil-overs and bumps this week. and then I will need to find some front glass.
Also I am still waiting for some spacers from Camburg.
So i am now hopefully going to get it finished a little before halloween.

sweeeeet...you gonna powder coat it? you have to don't you, won't those hand cut pieces rust? i like the heimed steering, i'm still thinking about getting it, looks really simple..
what size and brand of coils/bumps are you gonna use?

GIJOE said:
Well I should be ordering the coil-overs and bumps this week. and then I will need to find some front glass.
Also I am still waiting for some spacers from Camburg.
So i am now hopefully going to get it finished a little before halloween.
perfect timing, right when the deserts start to really cool off, where do you usually go?

Well I am going to go for 10" dual-rate Kings and Kings 2.5 air bumps.
No I am not going to powder coat the suspension I am just going to paint it with auto paint and clear coat this should last just as long and it will be cheaper because I have all of the auto painting equipment.

Well I have never gone anywhere other than Barstow,Lucerne Valley,and Ridgecrest on the MDR race weekends. But this year I was planning on maybe trying to get out to Ocotillo Wells for the first time. Hey maybe when we all finish our projects we can setup some kind of desert trip.

GIJOE said:
Well I am going to go for 10" dual-rate Kings and Kings 2.5 air bumps.
No I am not going to powder coat the suspension I am just going to paint it with auto paint and clear coat this should last just as long and it will be cheaper because I have all of the auto painting equipment.

Well I have never gone anywhere other than Barstow,Lucerne Valley,and Ridgecrest on the MDR race weekends. But this year I was planning on maybe trying to get out to Ocotillo Wells for the first time. Hey maybe when we all finish our projects we can setup some kind of desert trip.

I should have my explorer finished about the same time. I have been to Oco many times, I would be down to go. I am just going with the Camburg 6.0 kit, Front Glass, 33's, 4:10 gears, Deavers. Performace with DD capability.

96XSport said:
I should have my explorer finished about the same time. I have been to Oco many times, I would be down to go. I am just going with the Camburg 6.0 kit, Front Glass, 33's, 4:10 gears, Deavers. Performace with DD capability.
lets go to OCO. ive been there quite a few times too and its a ton of fun. lots and lots of terrain plus i know where all the fun stuff is! that sounds just like my X (hopefully soon) 96Xsport except for 32s instead of 33s, kinda wish i had 33s now though

yeah, ill probably give it another few weeks (or when my truck gets done) to go out there during the day. not as fun when its sweltering because you are always having to let the vehicles rest so you dont overheat anything

well i finally, thank God, dropped the truck off at the shop this afternoon and checked out all the parts and i cannot wait. getting the fenders painted up this weekend as well so i should have some pics of it partially done in a few days, hes gonna work on it this weekend and whatever doesnt get done this weekend were gonna have to do the following weekends. just happy something is finally happening :D

hey everyone...whats up...just wanted to check in and see what was happening with you guys...
Joe-whats happening i'm dying to this i was just checking out this black coil over 2nd gen on dezert rangers...it's crazy nice
Dave-give me something man!!! any update??

Well i rotated my tires and dang a heck of a difference i'm gonna opt to get a firmer shock b/c the freeway just rips up my tires...i like the valving for the rear but the front needs to be a little firmer...but this thing is still going strong...i i'm love with this Camburg set-up...talk to you all later

white96x said:
hey everyone...whats up...just wanted to check in and see what was happening with you guys...
Joe-whats happening i'm dying to this i was just checking out this black coil over 2nd gen on dezert rangers...it's crazy nice
Dave-give me something man!!! any update??

Well i rotated my tires and dang a heck of a difference i'm gonna opt to get a firmer shock b/c the freeway just rips up my tires...i like the valving for the rear but the front needs to be a little firmer...but this thing is still going strong...i i'm love with this Camburg set-up...talk to you all later
yep its still in the shop, hopefully done by the end of next week so as of right now i have some nice looking painted fenders and am going to be getting some 33 12.5 procomp A/Ts soon too, also how much did the camburg kit widen the stance of your X?

ummm it widened it about 2" side...Camburg says 1.5" but every app. is different...did you already buy those pro-comps?? i'll sell you my Maxxis Mudders 33x12.5r15 with 50% tread...i'll even meet you half way...i just bought some BFG AT's and i need to get rid of those Maxxis'.. i didn't put them up FS on the forum b/c i really don't wanna ship 'em
Any idea when u get the truck back?? i was just tellin 'Josh S' i have an itch to go rompin

white96x said:
ummm it widened it about 2" side...Camburg says 1.5" but every app. is different...did you already buy those pro-comps?? i'll sell you my Maxxis Mudders 33x12.5r15 with 50% tread...i'll even meet you half way...i just bought some BFG AT's and i need to get rid of those Maxxis'.. i didn't put them up FS on the forum b/c i really don't wanna ship 'em
Any idea when u get the truck back?? i was just tellin 'Josh S' i have an itch to go rompin
thats weird i have that same itch :D :D :D i actually just ordered them because they are doing a buy 3 get one free till 10-31-05. thanks for the offer though, you will like those bfgs much better, i would get another set of bfgs but i want to try out these procomps plus i get a free tire with them, also they have a 50,000 mile tread life. Where exactly do you live because i should be going on a test run soon after my truck gets out of the shop (hopefully next week) probably to ocotillo wells and want to get a few more people to hopefully go too, so far its just gonna be me and my buddy with the dual shock edge kit on his 04 edge but there is no date yet. ill keep you posted

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well as far as my Explorer goes I have not done anything because the glass that Fiberwerx makes is going to be way to small the tires will stick out about 3" past the glass and I cant drive it like that the cops will be all over me. Also Perrys and McNeils glass I think is the same size. The guys a Fiberwerx said that the only glass that will cover the tires would be the 1-piece F150 conversion but that would be a pain to try and fit on with the stock core support and I did not want a 1-piece.
So now I am trying to find someone to make bigger glass for me and if I cant find someone with in the next few weeks then I will just be getting the 1-piece.
But other then the glass problem I am going to order Coil-overs and Bumps next week hopefully if work does not get it the way of me getting over to King. And for tires I am going to go with BFG MTs but I am getting those about 2-3 days before I put the kit on.
So thats the non-progress. Man I wish I could get this kit on and get out there and offroad.

Back