Camburg 6" for 2nd gen Explorers/Ranger Edge | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Camburg 6" for 2nd gen Explorers/Ranger Edge

get some hannemanns they make front glass for explorers that are super wide and look really good

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Joe-man thats pretty dissapointing but keep us updated alright?
Dave- i live near I-15 and the CA-210 fwy interchange like you're on your way to vegas, i just got those tires on today and they ride so smooth...i am really surprised at how quiet they ride i really like them...let me know what you got planned tho...

dont know if any of you guys are interested, but i got a pair of 2.0 king bumps with cans for sale. great condition, just one pad has some grease marks on it. $350 bucks. way cheaper than buyin new. and the cans are brand new.

how come your selling them? I thought you were going to use them for the rear.

he already sold 'em on dezert rangers...i was thinking the same thing after i read the post...what gives jeff?

welllllllll..... see i got this big ol explorer that i love soooo much but it tough on gas and never really gets used to its full advantage with people etc, and regardless of what u do, will never be a great offroad vehical. so its gettin the boot. Especially now that my fabbing skills are getting better and better, i will be looking at my new truck, full cage, high teen travel front and rear, and possibly race status down the line. soooooooo yea. may have the thing gone in a couple weeks. if ya'll know someone who may want it, refer em to me and ill set u up with some comp. but thats my story for now. Its also hard to haul 3 bikes with the expo. i'll keep yeall updated.

most likely ranger or f150. im planning on the only thing that i dont do is build the front suspension. all tube work, mounts, ect. by yours truely. its kinda sad cause i have so many memories with the explorer, but the time has come.

damn that sucks, you gonna start building the truck right when you get it?

i don't understand...you're selling the explorer b/c it's bad on gas but you're getting a truck that you're gonna lift also....? why not just re-gear the explorer??

Dave-whats the good news man?

So i'm having second thoughts about these Bilstein 5150's up front, im thinking theyre a little soft, especially for freeway driving which i do the most of, they're awesome offroad especially in the sand i love them but i might go back to Camburg to get a dual shock set up with either Fox 2.0's or Bilstein 5100's haven't decided, i'm just contemplating....all i know is if i had to do it over i would have got the dual shock option from the start....i'm not dissatisfied, just think it would be better for daily driving conditions.

well the word is that im getting it on thurday, almost done. I will just have to take it back for the bumper. If i were you i wouldnt even bother with 5100s if you are going to change up your shocks. go with a 2.0, it will work a lot better and be worth your money, even the non resi 2.0 will be a million times better than just a 5100

ya you're probably right...i mean like i was sayin the 5150's i have are not bad, they're just a little soft for DD...alright well i might look into it...post pics when you get the truck back

thats interesting that you feel they are too soft for driving but not offroading. Typically, if they are to hard for driving they do good offroad do to the increased work the shocks carry, allowing them to soften up. if your looking into new shocks, i would check into either of the big 3, fox, king, or saw all for the main reason that they are revalvable and u can really get them dialed into you preferences. A single 2.5'' shock would work really well also, and with a normal to oversize resi, it would stay cool and last a long time before fading. I would suggest sitting down agian with the guys at camburg and tell them what u feel in the handling of the truck now and what u want it to feel like on and off road.

Well after exactly one month in the Richer Racing shop the explorer is finally done, here are a couple crappy teaser shots for now, I will post up some more later when i get my 33 x 12.5 procomp ATs on tomorow or sunday

Front end:
Camburg 6.0 kit
2.5 x 8" travel king, 10-11 inches of wheel travel

Rear:
Deaver 9 leaf pack
10 by 2.5" king, 13-14 inches of travel
I took it through a few good bumps today off road and it floats over everything like a cloud, a million times better than before

749310_55_full.jpg

749310_56_full.jpg

749310_57_full.jpg

749310_58_full.jpg

I will do a full write up soon when its complete in my registry section, gonna make the bumper next also

welcome welcome to the club that is....kit rides super sweet don't it? did you limit both front and rear or are they at their own discretion? post more pics when you get a chance....
oh ya and i thought it over....i'm gonna have a hoop built and do some fox 2.0 smooth body's so it should ride a little smoother....but congratulations and get some 33's on that biatch

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I looks awesome.
Do you have glass on your X and which company made the glass.

Back