Headers and High Flow Cat Convt | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Headers and High Flow Cat Convt

yeah sorry was 12-14:rolleyes: lol

from their site
Street-Legal Horsepower

Installs behind catalytic converter, legal in all states
Ready to install, nothing else to buy
Uses original factory hangers for easy installation
Up to 12%-14% power increase at the rear wheels
16 gauge aluminized tubing
Mandrel-bent for maximum flow efficiency
Chrome-plated stainless steel tips included
Stock and split rear exits available

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hello every body i have a problem with my 91 ex i just change my fuel filter and replaced my gas cap it ran better ,intell today i took off and got around a mile up the
road when it started losing power i smelled gas stuck in the middle of a enter section
i was pushing it to start it started and i quickly pulled to the side off the road i pop the hood and it was raw gas smell ,i figured out the gas coming from a plastic tube when i turn the key it sprays all over the place i tried to replace the rubber connector but when
it start the connector pops off and the truck cut off a lot of gas started coming out the exhaust ,is my problem just the connector ?or do i have a bigger one if gas coming out of the exhaust? and if it just the connector do i need some kind of glue or clamp?

hello every body i have a problem with my 91 ex i just change my fuel filter and replaced my gas cap it ran better ,intell today i took off and got around a mile up the
road when it started losing power i smelled gas stuck in the middle of a enter section
i was pushing it to start it started and i quickly pulled to the side off the road i pop the hood and it was raw gas smell ,i figured out the gas coming from a plastic tube when i turn the key it sprays all over the place i tried to replace the rubber connector but when
it start the connector pops off and the truck cut off a lot of gas started coming out the exhaust ,is my problem just the connector ?or do i have a bigger one if gas coming out of the exhaust? and if it just the connector do i need some kind of glue or clamp?

New guy.... don't just pick a post and ask your question.... it sucks to have an issue with your truck, but your questions have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with this thread. Try starting a new thread with your concerns about your truck.... and try not to make it look like a run on sentence either.... it's confusing to read.

normally ill leave new people alone, but come on, that post out of your first 9, and 6 of them are copy and paste of the same thing in many different threads?!?! come on dude, i guess welcome anyways and dont forget the search button is there to make our life easier

Well im stuck in bed with two fractured bones in my foot,said they don't know how they didn't break but if this dang things stops hurting ill try and get to the post office to send you that egr bolt plug.

thats cool, he said 10-15 days before i get it anyway because the full coating will take 4 days, then shipping it back to him then to me and blablablabla so he said 10-15 days from tomorrow

im just hoping this thing runs pretty now that this will be done and everything else ive had to do recently

new Magnaflow Hiflo Cat Convt is here, my question now is... at the odd triangle end is there suppose to be a gasket?

also the bolts that connect the cat convt to the pipe before the muffler... them bolts, arent they suppose to have springs?

MagnaflowCatConvt.jpg

I found the spring loaded bolts because mine are ummm lol gone somewhere in another town.... it didnt come with a gasket... im guessing you mean this gasket?

would the felpro be good enough or one of the other choices?
Stainless Steel or Aluminum Graphite

my pipes are really bad Cat Convt and muffler if i replace them do i have to weld them
?

my pipes are really bad Cat Convt and muffler if i replace them do i have to weld them
?

You don't have to however, welding would be the best way to prevent leaks.

Mine is mostly clamped together and doesn't leak.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im back up and walking now so egr plug is in the mail for you;)

Back