no name B2 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

no name B2

sweet your going fast

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Picture039.jpg

Picture040.jpg

got the engine fired up, but still have no tank and no exhaust etc......

that looks sweet! :):thumbsup: can you get some close up pics of the lower coil mounts? look like an easer way to do it than i did.

those coil mounts won't hold up, gonna build new ones,

th_374e8f9c.jpg

well took the rear axle out and cut the perches off, had to reangle the pinion, also redid the frt axle mounts for the coils and put the y-pipe and cats on

Picture027.jpg

best pic i can get right now, been working on alot of things that aren't picture worthy (wiring, etc...)

Picture026-1.jpg

got the 8" springs in it, got my pinion angle set on rear, and got everything for the rear susp set except shocks, got the engine install done and everything hooked up and full of fluids, working on wiring up the brake lights and interior lights

The old explorer looks pretty sad doesn't, far off from its heyday

Picture025.jpg

heres a shot of the coil mount i made on the left

its is 4x4 sqaure tube notched like a spring perch and welded to the tube, then theirs a really thick washer about 6" round welded to the 4x4 and the stock D35 TTB bolt holding the nut and washer that holds the coil down
Picture028-1.jpg

Looks really good. Man you work fast.

Nice. I like the pic of it in the garage being born.

wiring is not worthy of pictures? hehehehe just kidding

you can re-enforce the factory coil buckets with gusseting, tube or plate?

rewired the rear lights tonite, that was horrible

Bronco 2 runs the harness along the frame rail, Explorers run them through the interior...........since i swapped in the explorer dash and wire harness i took apart the loom and found the wires needed for the lights ran those along the inside of the body and out to the tailights and got them all working nice and good, took a while, its nice having the manuals on hand

teh factory buckets have been modified slightly to work with the F-250 mounts, i think i'll just run it this way for now, cause i think coils and buckets may just be temp.

one step closer..........just ordered my 5x4.5 to 5x5.5 lug spacers for the rear

another step got a 3.90+ carrier for the frt and a yoke

just need 4.88R gears and a gas tank,straps, and pump

Picture124.jpg

got these today, now i can finally see what it willlook like with all 4 tires on her

Picture127-1.jpg

Picture126.jpg

Picture125.jpg

but the difference in width is still to much, i'll need to widen the rear another inch on each side, i'll probably change the backspacing on the rims to compensate for it

Well got a bunch done, i have found that the Clutch/Brake pedal
Assm is not only different from an explorer to a B2, but the
length the pedal travels vs firewall clearance is different.
I could not get enough travel in the pedal to disengage the clutch.
So I cut the pedal off and repositioned it to clear. I also got my
brakes working Front and Rear. But after running it in my yard i
found i have a small Radiator Leak on the Right tank about half way
up.

I also got my front bumper about half on (half on being not full secured yet)

First time its really been mobile so i thought i would mess around

Picture131.jpg

Picture130.jpg

Picture132.jpg

Picture133.jpg

i wasn't stuck i was able to just back out but i really need to get my 4wd working (get the right carrier and 4.88 gears)

Picture134.jpg

here is my rig parked next to my buddies, his is a 80's 3/4 with 4"? susp lift and sitting on 35x15.5 16.5

haha you look like me with no diff cover. looks good tho :)

that bronco is sweet

dude this started with a picture of an axle on 6-22 and the truck is in the dirt 08-05 now that is what I call not messing around :) well done

so i was driving the truck around in the yard for the first time with the new truck, and the whole time i thought it felt like it was in 4-lo, just seemed really touchy.

Now the whole time i had my Sport it was always a dog. Never had any balls, then again the motor had 340+K on it.

Now i reused the same trans,tcase, rear axle/gears that the explorer had, only difference was the motor. The motor i am using now has 170K on it.

But man what a diffference this new motor feels like in 2hi what the old one did in 4lo

So i bought a Gas tank today along with Straps and the filler hose and the attachment part for the body/gas cap. Got them from the u-pull-it yard. $36 also got the fuel pump and sender with it. The tank had a slit in it from where they punctured it to drain it. I filled the tank with water and welded the slit over. Rolled the tank on the end with the slit and let it sit for an hour. NO LEAKS.........so the fuel system is ready to go. Now i just need a carrier and 4.88R gears and she should be just about ready. I got a few side jobs going this week so i think i may be ready to order the gears and install kit Fri.............................

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good to here. I can't wait to see this thing on the trail.

Back