Interco TrXus M/T Serious Issues (pics inside) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interco TrXus M/T Serious Issues (pics inside)

My buddy mounted a set of the Interco TrXus Mud Terrains on his 06 Rubicon. We have done our fair share of off roading with them and have been very happy with there performance.

He upgraded his front end the other day so I climbed under the front the of truck to check it out and saw that his front tire appeared to be separated at the bead. Lucky I saw this as he was leaving for a 300+ mile trip tomorrow and this was a serious accident waiting to happen. This was BLOWOUT material without a doubt. 3 of his tires showed this same defect, pictured below is the worst of the bunch. Let see what Interco has to say Monday! These tires had around 15k miles on them and still have 75% of there thread left. I don't care how hard you are on a tire this should NEVER HAPPEN!

P1000281-vi.jpg

P1000283-vi.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that is not a tire defect, that is some idiot who mounted the tires tore the bead

that is not a tire defect, that is some idiot who mounted the tires tore the bead

Have you ever mounted a tire before? I have many times and have no clue how you could do something like this. 3 Tires? I think it's highly improbable. Also the tear or separation is in the middle of where the tire touches the wheel, you could'nt even touch where it's damaged with a tire machine.

Mac

yup i used to be a tire monkey, i have mounted thousands of tires.... torn a couple beads jsut liek that too..... haha, and worked with a lot of idiot people that would do something liek that and mount it anyways.... i had very few tears ever and i always reported them if i did so we could replace it... a lot of my coworkers would not.....

yup i used to be a tire monkey, i have mounted thousands of tires.... torn a couple beads jsut liek that too..... haha, and worked with a lot of idiot people that would do something liek that and mount it anyways.... i had very few tears ever and i always reported them if i did so we could replace it... a lot of my coworkers would not.....

Thanks......you seem to have mounted a thousand more than me :)

Mac

Thanks......you seem to have mounted a thousand more than me :)

Mac

that bead will tear a hell of a lot easier if not enough tire lube is used... tires dont liek being stretched to fit onto a rim....

I highly doubt thats a mounting issue, espically if its on 3 of the tires. If you read around on the net you will learn there are many cases of the Trxus MT blowing out beads and sidewalls.

Anyways, have a update on how Interco delt wiht the problem?

I highly doubt thats a mounting issue, espically if its on 3 of the tires. If you read around on the net you will learn there are many cases of the Trxus MT blowing out beads and sidewalls.

Anyways, have a update on how Interco delt wiht the problem?

My buddy just wrote them off as a lost cause. Interco wanted them sent back to them for inspection then of they where found defective they would pro-rate them. Return shipping was mucho bucks so he just picked up a set of the new BFG Mud-Terrains.

Mac

Back