Obama's Flow Is Adequately Hydrated | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Obama's Flow Is Adequately Hydrated

You are so goddamn wierd online. Words cant describe, if I didnt know you personally I would think your 1 step above batshit insane.
Lllllllies!! :frustrate

So, when can we plan the test run for on Jotters?
Well that'll be the Aug 4th or 5th or whatever run. Lets just pray for no roll-overs -- I'm too new to join the roll-over club :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I cant make the 4th, maybe the 5th. I would rather go 2 weeks after that, whatever that date is.

Also, there are already four hydraulic lines inside the cab (for the steering valve) so the risk of blowing a hose exists BIG time :rolleyes:
I did not even think about you already having hydraulic lines inside the cab. I guess it would not matter if you ran a guage off of one of those lines. It would be easy.

You are so goddamn weird online. Words cant describe, if I didn't know you personally I would think your 1 step above bat **** insane.

aww man and here i thought he was like that all the time:p:

Interior hoses ran:
interior_finished.jpg

Another set of bulkhead fittings. Mounted on the chassis -- top one goes to the pump, bottom two go to the hydaulic cylider:
chassis_bulkhead.jpg

Cylinder mount almost finished. 2" square tube, 3/16" wall -- everything else (tabs brackets) are 1/4" wall :
brace_front.jpg

Cylinder goes behind the 2" square tube:
brace_side.jpg

Tomorrow I will weld the tabs that the cylinder bolts to and make the third center mount of the bar. I got picky and re-ordered another set of hoses so the setup is a little neater .. unfortunately, those won't here till Tuesday so hopefully on Wednesday I'll have this thing turning left and right.

That is a monster cylinder mount. Why not make it out of tube?

You need a bender for tube? :p:

Looks good IZZy!

No I don't have a tube bender so I have to work with what I have :(.

j602 said:
Why not make it out of tube?
Its made out of tube -- just not round tube :p:

Rebuilt the cylinder, installed it, and ran the hoses that arrived today:

Copy_of_IMG_1338.jpg

Copy_of_IMG_1343.jpg

Copy_of_IMG_1336.jpg

Also went and got a shorter battery 'cauz space is getting cramped under the hood with the addition of the hydraulic fluid reservoir. New battery on the left, old one on the right.
Copy_of_IMG_1346.jpg

Only thing left to do is to:
- install the reservoir and run its hoses to/from the cooler.
- cut the old steering link to proper length and weld it to the home-made clevis.

Didn't finish fabing up the center mount today cauz my friend "borrowed" my grinder... so I finished the plumbing and hooked up the stock reservoir and cranked it up. Well first few times I must have had the hoses from the steering valve ran incorrectly cauz the steering wheel nearly broke my finger just testing it from outside the window.. but after a little bit of retracing the hoses and switching em around, i finally figured it out. Here's a video of the cylinder moving back and forth:

The grunting you hear sometimes is the pump going to bypass as the cylinder is maxed. At that point, you can also see the associated hose pressure up and jump a little ;)

Hawt!

guessing from the movement of your leg, im betting 3, give or take half a turn.

is the ram gunna have enough swing in/out to go full lock to lock?

is the ram gunna have enough swing in/out to go full lock to lock?
Reply #43 of this thread has all the details and measurements.

guessing from the movement of your leg, im betting 3, give or take half a turn.
I hear 3, any takers for 4, give me 4 give me 4.. 4 going once, going twice. SOLD!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back