Reaction score
My Sport Trac used to look like this:

33x12.5r15 Pro Comp Xtreme M/t
15x8 Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy wheels

p1010003_edited.jpg

put it back to stock wheels for towing and better MPG
so now it looks like this but with black step bars

p1013778.jpg

sooo my truck looks sad, i think im going back to 33's but with a less agressive, less heavy tire and a chrome wheel, instead of a aluminum wheels that is always dirty and hell to clean.

Here is what i have narrowed my choice down to:

15x8 OR 15x10 Cragar Nomad II chrome steel wheels
i have 15x10s of the same wheel on my samurai and love em.

crr-3155712.jpg

picture-030.jpg

and for tires a 33x12.5r15 Wrangler Duratrac
not quite as aggressive as the MTR but still has good looks and wear slower

gy_wranglerdt_ci2_l.jpg

so what do you guys think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice sport trac u got

I think the before shot was awesome.

As for wheel choices, chrome or aluminum, won't either be a pain to keep clean?

Love the Before Shot. Re: cleaning, I agree w/Coz, both are a pain to keep clean. But you have to worry about rust with chrome/steel wheels.

What are the little badges on the fenders? V6 logos? I like em.

No matter what you decide great lookin Trac.

What mileage were you getting with the 33's before? And what gears are you running? The Sport Trac gets bad mileage anyways.

they are the v6 escape emblems, i like em
i got about 12mpg i would estimate with my heavy ass pro comp xtreme m/ts
i am loving my 18-20mpg i am getting now
i have 4.10 limited slip from the factory

chrome is easy to clean, brake dust wipes right off, aluminum you have to polish, i hated it.
i had 15s on it last time, no need to worry there...

just concerned on either 15x8 or 15x10 wheels
i LOVE the dish of a 15x10 but hell my 15x8s rubbed a little

i am also tempted to buy chads Superlift kit...
Then i would have no problem with 15x10s :D

the 15's depend on the wheel not the truck some wheels fit some some have a lip on the inside that hits the caliper

Looked much better before! 15x10's will make the rubbing worse. I had very little rub with 15x8's with 3.75 BS and 33x12.50's.
And FYI, I got better mileage on mine even with 4.88's. I think you should re-gear and keep the wheel/tire (or atleast wheel) that you had. Re-gearing was the best thing I did for the sport trac, but I would definitely do 4.56 with 33's instead of 4.88s for highway driving.

If mileage is a major concern an aluminum wheel is lighter than the chrome steelies. Personally I like the stock rims you have, I'd just put a 10.5 wide AT tire on, you should see decent mileage with that. That's the combo I'm considering for day to day driving, should boost me to 20 mpg on a consistent basis instead of just once in a while.

after thinking it out i decided to go a more economic route
i already have a like new 285-75-r16 Bridgestone Revo at work i was using as a spare when i had 33s
so i am just buying 3 more Bridgestone A/T REVOs for the stock wheels
i may buy aftermarket wheels down the road
and finally adding Warrior shackles ive always needed

i believe ive made my final decision
285/75r16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO
16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 black

dc_dc1_mba_ci3_l.jpg

bs_duelerat_revo_owl_ci2_l.jpg

Very Nice!! Post some pics once they are on.

Nice choice! Those will look sharp!

Now sell me your stock rims! ;)

Awesome tire choice, I've been running them for a 1.5 years now and no major complaints about them. :thumbsup:

Nice looking Sport Trac. What kind of MPG were you seeing with your old and current tires? Also do you or have you known anyone that has installed a rear window wind/rain deflector? I noticed you had some for your driver/passenger windows.

I was wondering if the rear window deflector would do more harm than good or if it was even worth putting on.

I like your Sport Trac either way. Pretty slick looking. MPG would be more appealing to me, but I do an estimated 0% off roading. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice choice! Those will look sharp!

Now sell me your stock rims! ;)

they will be for sale once i get the DC1's!
but shipping to spokane, wa would be ALOT

Nice looking Sport Trac. What kind of MPG were you seeing with your old and current tires? Also do you or have you known anyone that has installed a rear window wind/rain deflector? I noticed you had some for your driver/passenger windows.

I was wondering if the rear window deflector would do more harm than good or if it was even worth putting on.

I like your Sport Trac either way. Pretty slick looking. MPG would be more appealing to me, but I do an estimated 0% off roading. :)

with my pro comp xtreme m/ts i got about 12mpg
with my stock tires and wheels i get between 15-18 as it should.

My truck had all the deflectors on it when i bought it, even the rear window one, i love them, can have all the windows cracked in the rain and no water gets in.

Do a little research and make sure the clear coat problem has been fixed on the dc-1's. A lot of guys that have bought them had clear coat coming off within a year.

hey thanks, ill check into it! :thumbsup:

Back