SMORR MO 2010--July 16,17, & 18th | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR MO 2010--July 16,17, & 18th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the Black Hole is not getting the Manual Trans installed in time for this meet. It will be wheeled until the trans blows up, or barely crawls out of the trails. The 94 will be the back up rig so, a full weekend of wheeling is still in store :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got a PM from gmanpaint. I am still planning on making it to SMORR, but I went wheeling last weekend and blew the bead on my SuperSwampers and haven't been able to get them seated, they are full of mud and water. I also blew a front Auto Hub, got a set of Warn hubs on the way, just need to install them when they get here, along with the one piece driveshaft and manual T-case. Lots of work and not enough time. But I will be there, even if I have to wheel my bone stock 84 4x4 ranger

I contacted some local guys that went offroading with me at my farm, they have a trip planned the week before, but if able they want to bring out there 1st Gen dr explorer, that is suppose to be under the knife right now getting 1/2 ton axles and hyrdo steering they advised, I let them know itd be great to see it in person

Also you should be able to ad my brother back to the list bringing an almost stock 94 Ranger STX

Should have my RZR and friends On site also, actually LOL at this point it is all I have to wheel If ranger not ready but! Making huge progress today, ready to put cab back on just waitn on headers.

Also you should be able to ad my brother back to the list bringing an almost stock 94 Ranger STX

Rodger that! :salute:

auto_01%5B1%5D.gif
................ .........................
53%5B1%5D.gif

Remind him the quite hours are from 12pm to 6am please
drillsergeant.gif

Rodger that! :salute:

auto_01%5B1%5D.gif
................ .........................
53%5B1%5D.gif

Remind him the quite hours are from 12pm to 6am please
drillsergeant.gif

You know something we don't? :D

Also going to get my tranny rebuilt. Decided that it was the best option. Throwing in a manual is not going to work out as I liked. Here's hoping I can get the axle under in time, the front drive shaft, the hoses extended, my computer replaced and moved higher. I am not even going to think about tires. I may just run it stock, which works for me. I'll just air down. Hopefully unclemike's offer for a trail ride is still open...or anybody's rig. They are all looking AWESOME.

For those that have never been here before, there is a small 1 stoplight town(Seymour) 5 miles north of the park. There is a gas station, grocery store, McDonalds, car wash, and a national chain auto parts store to shop at.

I suggest you gas up when you hit town, grab your ice and drinks or what not from the store before you drive in to set camp. Hopefully someone will be able to run to the store periodically for forgotten items and replenish our ice, drink, etc...

Water is available at the front office area, but not at the campsites, so water jugs and large tubs to wash cookware and what not is a good thing to bring.

Ahh so primitive means primitive. Mmm, reminds me of camping in Scouting and hiking half a mile over rough terrain to get water.

waterboy_ver1.jpg

For those that have never been here before, there is a small 1 stoplight town(Seymour) 5 miles north of the park. There is a gas station, grocery store, McDonalds, car wash, and a national chain auto parts store to shop at.

I suggest you gas up when you hit town, grab your ice and drinks or what not from the store before you drive in to set camp. Hopefully someone will be able to run to the store periodically for forgotten items and replenish our ice, drink, etc...

Water is available at the front office area, but not at the campsites, so water jugs and large tubs to wash cookware and what not is a good thing to bring.

Good info for us who hasn't been there. :thumbsup:
How hard is the turn onto Hwy K in Seymour? I'll be trailering the rig, it looks like a hard right. ( I can't remember the # of the hwy before Springfield coming from 44 to Seymour) US 160? I have the directions printed out just not with me at this time.

If memory serves, there are 2 parts houses on the town square. (I had to hit em both 2 trips ago)... And as far as open seats, Im thinkin I'll have an open bench in the back of the Bronco... If someone wants to "roll" <- (possibly the literal use of the word LOL) down some 4's n 5's with me and my wife some...

Unclemike, Im thinkin it is 160... Vere off RIGHT before McDonalds n follow to a 4 way stop youll come to in Seymour. Turns sharp RIGHT there. Then you go down a few blocks to a stop sign n turn sharp RIGHT there too. Then a couple more blocks to another stop sign n sharp LEFT. Your now on the highway to the park. Its like 5 er 6 miles down a kinda curvy n hilly highway. Slow down @ the s curves bout 5(ish) miles down n start lookin to yer right. I drove past the entrance the first 2 times I went but there is a big o sign up now... Sorry... I do better with saying a "few" n "couple" better than street names. LOL

Good info for us who hasn't been there. :thumbsup:
How hard is the turn onto Hwy K in Seymour? I'll be trailering the rig, it looks like a hard right. ( I can't remember the # of the hwy before Springfield coming from 44 to Seymour) US 160? I have the directions printed out just not with me at this time.

You wont have any problems Mike. From Joplin MO: 44 to 60 hwy E to Seymour. Turn right at the Mcdonalds Follow that road to the first stop sign, turn right. South of that 4 way stop sign is the RR tracks and the town square. After heading south thru the square there is a curved right hand turn. Very large trailer rigs go around this everyday. A couple blocks after you run into a 3 way stop sign, turn left (s), that is K hwy. 5 miles on K and you cant miss the park on your right. The entrance looks like all your neighbors driveways...lol Ranch style!

OOPS...Its 60... Yeah, what Gman said... LOL

Good to see the attendee list turning mostly GREEN!!!! Gonna be a wicked good time!

Thanks for the info Gregg and Mean Gene. Tha's the info I was looking for.:biggthump

Gregg, are you saying there are a few ranch entrances that look the same here? Naw, really?

Yes Mike, you will feel right at home here, except for all the hills :)

Smorr is having a King of the Hammers qualifier the weekend before we arrive. I might just slip on over there and get some good photos and give you all a little tease of some of the obstacles.:D

Smorr is having a King of the Hammers qualifier the weekend before we arrive. I might just slip on over there and get some good photos and give you all a little tease of some of the obstacles.:D

Pretty please??!!

cute-cat2.jpg

I have been reading up on the KOH in Peterson's and the 4Wheel mags. Those rigs are INSANE!!

http://www.kingofthehammers.com/

http://pirate4x4.com/king-of-the-hammers-2010/index.php

Whenever I see those pics it reminds me of IZWack's build...which is also crazy.
frontshockmounts1.jpg

I'm afraid it would eat Red for lunch and use me as a toothpick...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes KOH pics sounds like good plan to me, If i didnt have to work Id like to go see them in action!!

Will be a great time for those who have a/c might be a little better, -I hope to have a/c but will see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back