SMORR 2011....Official thread | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR 2011....Official thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Benji-Man you are welcome to go for ride with me, I can't promise it will be as wild as it used to be in my other trucks. Since only on 31's but I think she will do well.

one day to go and my truck is still on jack stands, with no front suspension...:D

I have been cutting and grinding for 2 hours now.. And finally time to start burning some MIG wire :thumbsup:

My shackles were causing a MAJOR bind on the leafs. Now all is well with the world and my front suspension.

:(

Unfortunately, Goldilocks and I won't be able to make it. I had seriously considered it, but we have trips planned the next two weekends after SMORR.

The nails in the coffin are that Goldilocks got stuck working this Saturday and my replacement parts for my Detroit still haven't arrived. I need to have a rear diff and also fix the power steering leak/possibly pump.

Have a great time, be safe, and get lots of pics! :thumbsup:

one day to go and my truck is still on jack stands, with no front suspension...:D

I have been cutting and grinding for 2 hours now.. And finally time to start burning some MIG wire :thumbsup:

My shackles were causing a MAJOR bind on the leafs. Now all is well with the world and my front suspension.

For me, he has a small box with a C/V half shaft (replace a spare I gave him last year), as for Steve, I'm not sure what it is.

I'm not bring **** for you man!!!!

J/k LOL!! MORE THEN HAPPY TO HELP!!!

Gonna go buy a new air mattress tonight and load the truck/bike excited to see everyone, Benji as soon as i get unloaded we should go cut some wood for bonfire if you all havent allready when I get there :) This will be my 1st time going just being laid back LOL or Im gonna try and just relax-not go go go go

Loading up now! WOOT! :bounce:

Sorry your not making it Bryan. We all need to see that beast you made in person, so make sure you get out with us sooner than later. ;)

Chad, I really don't think you cut it close enough to the meet for your repairs...LOL

Mark, if you don't have room for the part, just leave it behind for now. It's alright as I have waited a year for it as it is already. :p:

Greg I'm just messing with you!! We have more room then I thought. Even going to have room for cybergasm. Hope that if he makes it by the time we leave. I've asked him to call me.

Brad we can pull some large pieces to the fire pit. we pick up kinneling as we wheel also, when were stopped.

Have to pick up some last minute Items from wal-mart after school.

Joshua is so excited. If I'd say lets go tonight we'd leave!!! FAST!!!

Sounds good Brad. Sounds like Joshua and I have something in common, I too want to go tonight just for the camping. Then tomorrow let the fun begin. I should've emailed to see if arrival on Thursday evening was even a possibility. My cell # 314twotwo3six7four5 if anyone needs assistance on the road. We should be leaving out at 5AM.

Good luck on the trail's to everyone and stay safe!

Good luck on the trail's to everyone and stay safe!

Thanks man every little bit helps!!

Benji I'm not even saying anything bout it. Or that's all I 'd here tonight!!!

Not sure how far you have to go,but if you see a big white ex on S.71 were on ch16!!

Your all loaded up Greg!!

Just about loaded. Waiting for the boy to arrive late night and load his gear in the morning. He is a newbie to all this, and a city slicker. He is in for a shock! Mwhuhahaha! LOL!

:burnout:

My repairs are done and I knew they would be done in a timely manner.:D
My truck flexes SO MUCH better now.. See you all tomorrow evening I am leaving STL around 5PM and pulling a pop up camper. So it should only be about an hour drive in the soupped up MOAB Edition Sport Trac.:burnout: And I got some new Nitto M/T tires to break in.... Gregg make sure you give me a call before heading out on a night run without me.... K?

My repairs are done and I knew they would be done in a timely manner.:D
My truck flexes SO MUCH better now.. See you all tomorrow evening I am leaving STL around 5PM and pulling a pop up camper. So it should only be about an hour drive in the soupped up MOAB Edition Sport Trac.:burnout: And I got some new Nitto M/T tires to break in.... Gregg make sure you give me a call before heading out on a night run without me.... K?

:thumbsup::salute:

Tomorrows Agenda:

Deliver load in Durant Ok 0600
Drive 5.5 hours to Iola KS
Get insurance and tags for Mountaineer
Load up and Haul Ass to SMORR

I don't have much line up for tomorrow eh ? :D

Lol...we might be getting tags last minute too. I think we missed the register last time we moved....two years ago.

Anywho...gonna try to get out of Columbia around 2ish. Packed tonight, got groceries a minute ago, so tomorrow is just casual stuff.

I tried wiring up my fog lights tonight but one of them is still upset about its mount and refuses to ignite and I dont think I'll have enough time to sort it out. So night runs we'll be easily identified as the ranger with head lights that 'X' in front of us and one working fog light...oh yeah, ghetto fab!

I'd offer one of the jumper seats in the back of the ranger...but unless you're 5'4" and about 100 pounds, I might get in trouble for the inhumane treatment. Hell...the dog barely fits back there.

Feels like I'm getting ready for a vacation...so awesome

So far looks Like I have an open seat in my truck when we go out!!

I would appreciate a ride /seat for at least part of the trails. I won't have a rig of my own to be wheeling. See my previous posting in this thread for my offered bribes:cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And awaaayyy we go, cu guys there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:burnout:

Back