SMORR 2010........Discussion | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR 2010........Discussion

As of right now both of the narrowed down dates will work for me. I will have a better idea as the date gets closer. I think this year we may be able to do without a band. I know everyone who hung out and listened had a great time but I don't really know that there will be a big enough interest. I know a few of us were itching to get out on that night run. just my $.02

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it all depends on the turnout for this meet. The band did get more peeps to join, and did provide us with some great entertainment. Last years meet was unique because of the band. I really enjoyed the band, but I can go either way with this.

i, myself go to offroad park to 1st offroad, 2nd mingle with offroadn budies, eat camp food, sleep n tint and thats about it, no band doesnt bother me, i was busy wheeling last time so missed it anyway.

I have 4 acoustic guitars, I'm sure we can find some folks to sing around the campfire. I've found that to be far more entertaining than an "official" band.

just my 0.02 again.

i'm open for any of the dates. And for the band i can go both ways on that
i didn't get to listen to them last year, as i had to limp the ranger home after busting my tranfer-case. So what ever the group decises is good with me

If you get me drunk enough I'll sing karaoke, but you won't like it. And I will be worthless the next day. Most likely curled into a ball in a sleeping bag wishing for death. :D

If you get me drunk enough I'll sing karaoke, but you won't like it. And I will be worthless the next day. Most likely curled into a ball in a sleeping bag wishing for death. :D

Readers Digest version:

Lightweight

End of Story :D:p:

i deleted my previous 2 post due to them haveing no contribution to this thread. Lets all get these ideas rolling about what activities we plan on doing other than wheeling ofcourse and for the dates of this event there are 2 possiby set of dates mine is for the June dates. We need to help Gregg out so he have an idea on what needs to happen.

Lets get this date set! I guarantee I will be cookin up the bbq every day so plan on that. I would also say a bonfire is a given thats just how I roll. If we get the date set we can make the plans so everyone knows what to bring! ... I like the idea of circling the wagons and doin an explorer concert fire in the middle.

Lets get this date set! I guarantee I will be cookin up the bbq every day so plan on that. I would also say a bonfire is a given thats just how I roll. If we get the date set we can make the plans so everyone knows what to bring! ... I like the idea of circling the wagons and doin an explorer concert fire in the middle.
Agreed! I'm pushing for the weekend of July 16, 17, & 18th myself. I think I have the wife talked into it. We were planning on leaving for Ouray Colorado on Monday the 19th, so we could just head out from there.

I don't have anything to cook on, but I can damn sure bring something to cook, if that helps. I'm also looking forward to a little night wheeling.

Bonfire for all: Yes

Runs with trails & times: I'm an early person, so anytime is good for me.

Timed events such as group photo/door prizes/BBQ dinner/Night run etc: sure, I'm game

Door prize would be: everyone bring an item, and we draw #'s. Have all prizes laid out, and when your # is called,
you simply pick one from the pile. This way we will make sure there is enough for all. Say $10-$25/item range. Yes/No?:
Sure, I'm game (could even be a "dirty santa" kind of deal).

Im changing my vote to weekend in July.
I have been informed I have to go to Wisconsion last weekend in June

Sounds like a plan 16-17-18 of July.

are we going to have a mud pitt run i want to see how the new ranger does

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Steve- Most that drive further than 1 hour prolly will want to avoid there mud pit, since its pretty deep. But with tall rig such as urs as long as you have some meats on it, I am game to watch and root you on!

So July 16/17 weekend looks real good for me :)

Back