SMORR 2011....Official thread | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR 2011....Official thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Went back to the park today and met up with a person who was at one of our meets a couple years back. He had a pretty cool 97 Ranger back then, but its even more cool now. :D

D60s...4 link...high steer...exocage...205 doubler...full hydro steer...39" Krawler reds...and lots more.

kieths97ranger1.jpg

kieths97ranger2.jpg

Had a grab bar installed for the wifey.

passengergrabbar.jpg

He climbed up double whammy in front of at least 20 heepers and made them all eat crow. 90% of the heeps couldn't make it up.

Holy sheep s***!!! Furlurken A!!!

well now! Thats a unique job there... pass side drop and the axle doesnt appear to be full width. Dont suppose he has a build thread for that thing...

...not that I could ever get that authorized by the Bank of Henry.

well now! Thats a unique job there... pass side drop and the axle doesnt appear to be full width. Dont suppose he has a build thread for that thing...

...not that I could ever get that authorized by the Bank of Henry.

The NP205 t-case is pass side drop, so he went with the D60 that matched, and it is full width. The offset of the wheels is what keeps the tires tucked in. Look how far the hubs stick out in the 1st pic.

I don't believe he has a build thread on it here. He is a fabricator and builds rigs out of his shop. He has a lot of great ideas and thinks out of the box. Everything on that rig he has made, built, installed himself. Matter of fact, he is going to machine the parts needed for my twin stick doubler, build it complete, along with shifters for cheap. All I have to do is pick it up and install it. :)

He went up both sides of the waterfall. Left side was too easy, and the heepers gave him **** about it, so he went up right side to show them he could do it. Now it was very soupy with the mud from others going at it all day, but none the less he did it.

wow, pretty good crowd on the 2nd attempt!

Definitely a sweet build

Back