Truxxx lift kit? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truxxx lift kit?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How much fun did you have putting it on? or did you pay some one to do it? I just lifted my 08 now i need bigger tires like a kid in a candy store it came and had to go no

How much fun did you have putting it on? or did you pay some one to do it? I just lifted my 08 now i need bigger tires like a kid in a candy store it came and had to go no

I had the lift kit installed by a local off-road shop. Due to my hectic schedule, I don't have the time to install it myself.

i was just wondering, since the 02-05 and 06+ are so similar, would you believe these would fit an 03? i tried to compare the bolt hole placement on these and roadbully's and they seem almost identical. plus roadbully says that his fit the 02-current explorers and 07-current sport tracs. so whaddya think?

Sorry cannt helpya cuz I didn't recieve mine yet. I contacted truxxxxxx since they sent it to the wrong address. After one month, they said that they will ship it again or give me my money back.

Hey all,
Just order my truxx lift..does anyone know what the max size is I can put on the stock 18 inch rims? will 265/70/R18s work, anyone have something recommended?

08 sport trac limited 4x4, 18" stock rims

Thanks for your help

Tyres: LT265/70r17 Cooper Discoverer STT
Spacers: Nope
Suspension mods: Truxxx lift ONLY

Theres no tyre rub with this particular tyre size. Go any larger and you will get rubbing either against the inside of the wheel arches (front wheels only) or against the upper arm of the suspension.

If you decide to go larger than 265/70 17s then try spacers but I have no experience with that.

I thought about using bigger tyres in the back and these tyres in front. Would that look weird.....?

Dear taboo686,
265/70 18 -> 32.6" diameter
265/70 17 -> 31.9" diameter
------------------------------
-> the difference is less than 1 in.

dubaiexplorer mentioned that the maximum size for 17 in. rims is 265/70 if you go any bigger the tire will rub. So if the sport trac and regular explorer have tire house of the same size, 265/70 18 will rub and you have to go smaller.

Dear taboo686,
265/70 18 -> 32.6" diameter
265/70 17 -> 31.9" diameter
------------------------------
-> the difference is less than 1 in.

dubaiexplorer mentioned that the maximum size for 17 in. rims is 265/70 if you go any bigger the tire will rub. So if the sport trac and regular explorer have tire house of the same size, 265/70 18 will rub and you have to go smaller.

Thanks for the info - I saw his post but thanks for attaching it as well.

[edit] Found this....pretty handy...http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp

32286640017_large.jpg
Dubaiexplorer, your truck is absolutly SICK! how big of lift did you get, and how big are those tires you got put on? Thanks again

For the few that asked if the Truxxx lift will work on 2002-2005 explorers. Yes it will, this is what I have!
100_1093.jpg

Thanks jron5,

The lift is a truxxx lift. I think its 2.5 inches in front and 1.25 inches rear. Check out Truxxx website for more info.

Tyres: Cooper Discoverer STT 265/70 r17

-Dubaiexplorer

Truxxx update!!!!! by request

Someone asked me about the truxxx lift since I've had it for a year now. Sorry, the air force is keeping us busy here in Alaska.

The truxxx lift has been great! GET AN ALLIGNMENT, mine was off by a couple inches after the lift. We put 18's and tall rubber under it to fill the wheel wells.

Made it through a river up to the windows, and got air on some dunes. Mechanically everything is fine although the other day the wife got an intermitten wrench light. Thats what I got back in here for :D

Any questions let me know.
Happy trails

Hey guys just purchased a lift kit from truxxxx. Cant wait! I feel like a 5 year old on christmas day. The sh.it cant come sooner!!! Everyone has pretty much come to a concensus that you cant fit anything larger than 265/70/17. Wondering if there would be a big difference between that size and a 255/80/17? some good ol pizza cutters. or perhaps a 265/75/17??

Also... did you guys have to get wheel spacers???? if so what would be the best size??

hey renz ...
I've just installed the kit last night. It is awesome i feel high :)

the next step would be the tires which i chose to be Cooper Discoverer STT 265/70/17

i dont think you need spacers.

You got any pics to put up??

(lost photo)

check this Album. Two lifted explorer the black has stock tires (245/65/R17). The green has bigger tires (265/70/R17).

for the 265/70/17 you think you could go one size bigger to a 275/70/17 or a 265/75/17? How much room is left between the tire and fender at full lock? just curious before i spend $800 on tires

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the min distance in the back tires= less than inch
the min distance in the front tires= less than inch

so dont risk and take bigger.

Back