MY Long Travel Build

taknitezX2

Reaction score
City, State
chino, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 xlt
*COMPLETE* MY Long Travel Build

Well progress is slowly moving along, so i figure i would start an actual thread about. It has similarities to the Dixon Kit, but it does have its differences.

SPECS:
FRONT-
5'' over stock each side
--Boxed lower
--Tubular upper
--2.5''x10'' Dual Rate King Coilovers
--2.5''X10" King Smoothbody (currently already on the expo, future upgrade to bypass shocks)
--2.5'' King Bump Stops
--Fiberwerx 6'' Fenders

REAR-
--National 13 Leaf LT pack
--2.5''x10'' SAW Smoothbody (got a great deal, that why its not king)
--2.5'' King Bump Stops

I just recieved pics of the lowers from my builder, and he will be making jigs for the uppers this weekend i think.

Here are pics of the lowers--

Attachments

• LOWER1.jpg
    LOWER1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 2,820
  • LOWER3.jpg
    LOWER3.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2,832
  • LOWER2.jpg
    LOWER2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 2,855

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow thats sweet. i cant wait to see some pics of those coil-overs on your x, and then the x on the trails :thumbsup:

Looking good! :thumbsup:

Are you going to use OEM replacement Balljoints or use some hi-angle joints in the arms? I am guessing at ball joints just from looking at the lower arm, correct me if im wrong.

lookin good jeff, yeah i want to know what BJ's you plan on running... ive blown out 3 moogs in the past year and a half from the desert and im lookin into something that might be a little stronger

yeah its going to have hi angle balljoints. I believe they are the same one that Dixon uses in his edge LT kit. Dave, if you blowing them that fast, u might want to check your not binding them at full droop with as much as your explorer flys. Maybe limit them a little more. But i will try and find out for sure what type they are and let you know.

yeah my limits straps are kinda close and its funny you say that because i ordered some shorter ones last week, btw if anybody wants some 10" 3 ply limit straps let me know, but last year it was limited shorter and i still blew them out, anyway let me know what you end up using

Where are you going to order your ball joints, got a link or something?

nissanboy said:
Where are you going to order your ball joints, got a link or something?
yeah id like to know that too

front glass is on. :D

Attachments

• GLASS1.jpg
    GLASS1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 2,663
  • GLASS2.jpg
    GLASS2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 2,626
  • GLASS3.jpg
    GLASS3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 2,576
  • GLASS4.jpg
    GLASS4.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 2,654

And so it begins :)

Those lowers look stout!
Who built them?

the front end is being build by BTF Fabrications. You may have seen some of their other work on DR. they have done several bumpers, bed cages, hoops, ect. They did my original shock hoops i have now, and thats how we have the connection of getting this Edge/Explorer LT kit worked out.

wow, just how i would like my X. do you think it would have been cheaper ust to get the parts from dixon or was the place u went to more economic? i too know of a place down here in chula vista. how much was it for just the arms and fabrication, etc...

well im not to sure what they would normally cost. i am getting a deal because my truck is being used to make the final jigs for the arms, thus the kit could be ordered and built without ever needing a truck until its time to install. i think the dixon kit is 2400 for just the arms. im paying way less than that. when its done, i can put u or anyone else in contact with the guy and you can definately get more info from him. but im not sure what the actual price will be.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did you go with the perrys glass for the front? are your arms extended in that picture with the glass, because it doesnt look like a 6 inch flare. i only ask because i am looking for glass,truck looks great too!!!

Back