Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 4Runner, 22 Silverado
As some of you, JDraper helped me fabricate & install my sliders about 2-3 weeks ago. Well here is what they look like now after two thin coats of herculiner. I sprayed them over rolling them on cause quite frankily cause I could. Of course they are dirty from all the rain/pollen/dirt its seen.

Attachments

• DCP_0001.JPG
    DCP_0001.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 849
  • DCP_0002.JPG
    DCP_0002.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 868
  • DCP_0003.JPG
    DCP_0003.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 851

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Attachments

• DCP_0004.JPG
    DCP_0004.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 833
  • DCP_0005.JPG
    DCP_0005.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,687

Ah...now those are nice....now its time to test them out. :D

osker75 said:
Ah...now those are nice....now its time to test them out. :D
I've already done that. Luckily I have permission to wheel on some property very close to me. I drove out there yesterday and to test them out. Of course there were no rocks to test it on per say but it did do its job.

Looks good Ben...now you just need some Zaino on 'em :D

JDraper said:
Looks good Ben...now you just need some Zaino on 'em :D

Nah.. but atleast I came out unscaved. No residual herc anywhere on my skin. Thank god.. its bad enough what I've done on the trails.

Ben those look really, and I mean REALLY good! :thumbsup:

I'm jealous! :p

don't they stick out a little far, or is that where one wants the sliders to be? I am in the process of making mine. should they be out that far?

Looks good, are they bolted or welded to the frame? Jeff when are you building mine??? :p

rino351 said:
don't they stick out a little far, or is that where one wants the sliders to be? I am in the process of making mine. should they be out that far?

Ben's are set up the way he wanted 'em. There is no right or wrong distance to have them stick out, it's personal preference. Stick them out farther if you want to use them as step bars, tuck 'em in if you don't.

Hokie said:
Yeah, would you mind throwing up a pic of the mounts?

I don't have any pix of the finished mounts (maybe Ben does). The mounts are bolted to the frame in 4 places. There is a 1/4" thick x 4" wide x about 6-7" tall plate that is bolted down, the extension tubes are then welded to the plate, and a gusset is run from the top of the plate out to the extension bar. My gussets are also made out of the 1/4" thick and are about 6" long. The height of the mounting plate is determined by how close to the body you want your sliders, and if you have a body lift in or not.

Texplorer said:
Looks good, are they bolted or welded to the frame? Jeff when are you building mine??? :p

Come back to the east coast for a weekend with your truck and I can build ya a set :). I prefer to custom fit 'em to each truck than to make a 'generic' slider.

I'll post some more pics soon..I just finished putting a 3rd coat on the sliders and 2 coats on the rockers. Didn't turn out as well as I liked but then again who cares.. Anything is better than seeing those holes. Unfortunately on one side of my truck I ran the entire length with metal duct tape which had a few creases in it and on the other side I tried just taping over the holes. I think next time I will get some body filler and do a nice thin coat across the rockers but then again that is too much work for me.

JDraper said:
There is no right or wrong distance to have them stick out, it's personal preference. Stick them out farther if you want to use them as step bars, tuck 'em in if you don't.
It also depends on if the sliders are intended just to protect the rocker panel or the whole door. I originally had mine tucked in under the rocker. After a year or so, I decided it'd be better to have them another 3" out so that they somewhat protect the doors. They are much nicer that far out :thumbsup:

on my last truck i had em stiking out far enough to use them as pivots around trees and rocks.

Good work you two, they look really good.

Jefe said:
It also depends on if the sliders are intended just to protect the rocker panel or the whole door. I originally had mine tucked in under the rocker. After a year or so, I decided it'd be better to have them another 3" out so that they somewhat protect the doors. They are much nicer that far out :thumbsup:

I agree with that. Mine were used many times where if they were tucked in I would have dented the door nicely.

pics.. driver's side front mount.

Attachments

• driversfront3.jpg
    driversfront3.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 736
  • driversfront2.jpg
    driversfront2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 747
  • driversfront.jpg
    driversfront.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 709

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

pics driver's rear mount

Attachments

• driversrear.jpg
    driversrear.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 729
  • driversrear2.jpg
    driversrear2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 739

Back