My New Bumper

2001_Exploder

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer XLT
My New Bumper * * *(updated pics)* * *

It was fabbed at a shop that has done some nice work for the company I work for. Anyways, the skidplate is coming, it just has to be made.

New_bumper006.jpg

New_bumper007.jpg

New_bumper008.jpg

New_bumper009.jpg

New_bumper010.jpg

New_bumper011.jpg

New_bumper012.jpg

New_bumper013.jpg

New_bumper014.jpg

New_bumper015.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice bumper u got there

looks good man

i've heard of prestons.. do they do lowriders and whatnot?

Looks great!

Does the top corner bar get in the way of the headlight? Kinda looks like it might create a shadow.

Preston's might do low riders but I don't know. They really deal with a lot of lifted trucks. They just do a lot of custom work.

The top bar doesn't get in the way. It's real close but out of the headlights beam. :)

i have heard of them. how much did they charge you for that bad boy?

Well it was kind of bitter sweet. Most know of the Dixon bros racing pre-runner bumper but I didn't feel like spending that much and I didn't want to travel 4 hours to get it.

So I asked Preston's to make me one and he told me 450. I thought that was a good deal until he told me that it only included the top half and not the reinforcement on the bottom where the skidplate would mount to. Sooo, I had him add those and it ended up costing me 550 with no skidplate, however, the way they made it, it looks much better than the one that dixon bros racing makes because my buddy has one on his Ranger and the upper tubes do get in the way of the headlights and it isn't as sturdy as the one I had made.

I would refer anyone to them for this bumper hands down. They do high quality work.

Personally I think it looks stupid but thats just my opinion

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I like it and I use it for whats it was built for so it works for ME.

Looks good nice and clean workmanship..:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Well worth the $$$

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great!
A bit spendy though if you ask me..?

Back