1993 Ranger 3.0 v6 5 speed | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1993 Ranger 3.0 v6 5 speed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...If that gets you excited, I also seen a silver Harley Davidson version stepside today with black rally stripes...I didn't even know they made them..:D

How about some custom paint?

BTW: This is not a PS :p:

Attachments

• Danger Ranger 003 (Medium).JPG
    Danger Ranger 003 (Medium).JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 477
  • Danger Ranger 004 (Medium).JPG
    Danger Ranger 004 (Medium).JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 498
  • Danger Ranger 008 (Medium).JPG
    Danger Ranger 008 (Medium).JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 469
  • Danger Ranger 002 (Medium).JPG
    Danger Ranger 002 (Medium).JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 471

...You need some ghost flames...:popcorn:

...I'm thinking it's a black primer..:scratch:...I have seen what you have done with the rear bumper before, you just need some Hi-lites...:thumbsup:

Ok- here is the dealio- I cruise the clearance isle at wal-mart every time I go. I wait until something I want hits a good enough price and I buy it. So I'm going through there and see some Dupli-Color spray mask stuff like they advertise often. $1 a can what you saw above ensued.

Attachments

• IMG_0706 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0706 (Medium).JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_0709 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0709 (Medium).JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 443

What they don't tell you that sucks about this stuff is it removed wax. I had to re-wash and re-wax it today to get rid of the "ghost". :(

I got a box in the mail today :bounce:

IMG_0695_Medium_.jpg

IMG_0696_Medium_.jpg

A before

IMG_0698_Medium_.jpg

An after

IMG_0699_Medium_.jpg

Wide Shot:

IMG_0715_Medium_.jpg

IMG_0702_Medium_.jpg

To me it is a huge difference, looks much newer and better now :thumbsup:

Thanks tbars4!

...That does look a lot better...:thumbsup:

..Now all you need to do is swap the white lettering on the tires, so you have the black only showing...;)

I kept smelling fuel when I got out of my truck- suspected an issue with the fuel fill neck. I crawled around under the truck and determined it'd be easier to pull the bed than drop the tank.

3 screws, 6 bolts and one wiring connector later-

While the bed was off, I wire brushed and blew off the frame and spray painted it semi-flat black.

Attachments

• IMG_0730 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0730 (Medium).JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_0727 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0727 (Medium).JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_0726 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0726 (Medium).JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 444

The fuel filler neck was cracked wide open-

I got a piece of hose, split it open and smeared a thick layer of silicone, then gobbed some in the gap. Two clamps and filled the gap with more silicone and its sealed off. The hose was free and I had the silicone, so its a cheap fix. Better than the $100+ the hoses would have cost from Ford.

Attachments

• IMG_0731 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0731 (Medium).JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,143
  • IMG_0723 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0723 (Medium).JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_0720 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0720 (Medium).JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 22,232
  • IMG_0733 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0733 (Medium).JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 425

...Now it's time to work on the hydraulics for the tilt bed...:D

I bought a hitch from etrailer and installed it yesterday. Should have bought it last week- prices went from $113 to $129 between the day that I almost bought the hitch and they day I finally decided too. :(

I don't plan to tow very much with this truck at all, but the 200 lb rating on the bumper scares me- I've seen too many Ranger bumpers pointing at the ground from too heavy loads. I myself weigh in excess of 200 lbs. :eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The fuel filler neck was cracked wide open-

I got a piece of hose, split it open and smeared a thick layer of silicone, then gobbed some in the gap. Two clamps and filled the gap with more silicone and its sealed off. The hose was free and I had the silicone, so its a cheap fix. Better than the $100+ the hoses would have cost from Ford.

...Just checking your pricing on this as I still need to get a new hose for mine when I have time..:rolleyes:

...I thought Ford wanted like $400 bucks for the hose???...The link I had previously sent you, the hose was $100 free shipping...It is time for me to order one and they went up to $155 now...:eek:

Back