2011 KC Explorer meet | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 KC Explorer meet

so how many are going tomorrow to the meet at the legends this is it for sure no more changes

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just need to know one way or the other before 10:00 am, 9:00 am would be better. It's a bit over 3 hours drive and if I need a pit stop and toll booth stops makes it more like 3 1/2.

Green's speedo went and the cruise was not usable when it was bouncing. It has short tires on it so 65mph would be target if I could keep it at that. I can run gps for my speedo if needed. Green makes it a 4 hour drive. Jr. has even shorter tires. 55mph would keep the rpms under 3000 and it has cruise. Over 4 hours driving Jr. They both have good Ford seat and ride well. Black Star is new (less than 6000 miles) and would be the fastest up and back. But seats and ride is not as good. My back don't like it as much as it does Green or Jr.

Let me know one way or another. If folks are gonna be there I'll come up. If not I'll stay at home and save the $100 in fuel and stuff. My cell is Three 1 six - 6 four 0- 1 seven 8 eight, if folks need to get in touch with me.

so how many are going tomorrow to the meet at the legends this is it for sure no more changes

I'm 50/50 on whether I can make it in time. Just depends on how much work I finish today. I am for sure going to the Legends, but I may be up that way later this afternoon(after 5).t

If we cannot make it work today, then we can plan another time(soon!) before the snow hits to meet at Saddler's Indoor Racing and catch a bite to eat at Pizza Shoppe or something like that?

Let's go ahead and re-schedule it in for another time.Alot of folks are in-descisive which is fine. We've all been very busy lately. No worries at all. Hope to see everyone soon :). BUT... if there's anyone that lives close that ever wants to meet and catch a bite to eat on a Tuesday or Wednesday let me know. I'm off from work those days and we could always do a real small get together sometime.

worse than a bunch of old ladies just make up your mind and stick with it

well im headed up there if anyone esle is going

Hey where is everybody ???? it is a beautiful day --- warm --- sunny --- not windy --- no rain --- no snow --- not cold --- no traffic --- no EXPLORERS BUT ONE BLACK 2000 EB and mine of course. We had a contest for the best looking Explorer and I won !!!!

Not enough people were able to make it in time so we just called it off so not to waste a few people's gas that would of had to travel several hours to the meet. We can definitely plan multiple more days to do this. No reason why we could only do this once.

My face still looks all golf ball mouth and stuff--

010.jpg

We'll try again for sure. :thumbsup:

My face still looks all golf ball mouth and stuff--

010.jpg

We'll try again for sure. :thumbsup:

Ouch!!! Are you sure the wife didn't clock you for talking back???? :p:

I really wanted to make this meet, but I am flipping a house and we are two months behind, so I need to spend as much time as possible on it so we can sell it for some $$$$. Hoping that we'll get it finished this week for the most part and then my weekends will be free again...

well fyi the meet sucked oh wait it was canceled after i left come on get it together dont wait till the day of to cancel something it was a beautiful day 70 sunshine only 2 people showed i had a better meet at ihop hell there were 6 explorers there

well fyi the meet sucked oh wait it was canceled after i left come on get it together dont wait till the day of to cancel something it was a beautiful day 70 sunshine only 2 people showed i had a better meet at ihop hell there were 6 explorers there

There's no sense in complaining. Now had you drove 3 hours to get there and only 2 people showed up how would you of felt at that point? That's what I wanted to avoid for some people that were thinking about driving that far. No one made you go. It was still canceled hours in advanced not right up to the minute. There will be other gatherings so there is no reason to fret over small matters like this.

say how about lansing kansas 800 north main street main street is 7 hwy backwoods bbq great bbq and steaks restaurant upstairs private club downstairs called lounge downunder parking shouldnt be a problem

We might as well forget it for this year and shoot for next spring. Thanksgiving is just two weeks from this Thursday and Christmas is just 7 weeks away.

i was thinking the same thing that was the last time for this year to get together

You guys got anything coming up soon? I put in for leave from Mid February to early March.

You guys got anything coming up soon? I put in for leave from Mid February to early March.

I mentioned this to TekMan05 yesterday but nothing is in the works. My dog just had surgery, so I have to be home for at least the next week and then I'm good anytime.

Looking to have my truck back up and running in a couple more weeks, Would love to take it out to play if others are gathering! Let me know!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back