Aussie Locker finally going in | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aussie Locker finally going in

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

also since im replacing the whole rear and adding an AAL im gonna replace the shocks too. I have bilstein 5150's in the front, any recommendations for the rear?? Would pro-comp es 9000's be to soft compared to the front 5150's which are valved at 255/70.

es9000's are a stiff shock but they work great off road.

I havent talked to that a******* since that day. this all should so smooth. Im just gonna pull the leaves and the axle as one since im gonna do the aal anyways, might make it easier. how much fluid will it take to fill up??? and i need a friction modifier for the LS right??

i have 3 quarts of mobil 1 75/140 or whatever the highest weight is. im sure its dry because of being shipped and all but ill check when i get it home. So if i run the mobil one i wont need a friction modifier?

new rear end is in, just wrapping up the last few things. My question now is how should a LS opertate with both wheels jacked up??? I turn one wheel and the other one turns the opposite way??? This doesnt sound right.

Well its finally back on the road. The only thing i wasnt able to transfer over was the e-brake. But it didnt work anyways so im not losing anything. I also didnt put the shock back on the axle and it seems alot more unstable in the back then i remember. But that could be the worn out shocks in the rear too. I was gonna keep the sway bar off but i decided against that and put it back on. All in all i can tell the difference with the new gears, but it doesnt have as much get up and go as i thought it would. also with 4.10's and 32's what should be my rpm's at 65?? How far off will my speedo be with the 32's and 4.10's??

Here are pics of the old rear end out, with the locker and pin still stuck in. Ill be getting to that as soon as time permits.

Attachments

• 666.jpg
    666.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 555.jpg
    555.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 163

Make sure you mark your bearing caps and keep them in the same place they come out.

It looks like there is something keeping the inner parts from meshing with the outters, which made your center pin too tight. I dunno.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back