Back To Truckhaven! - TDS Desert Safari March 3&4 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Back To Truckhaven! - TDS Desert Safari March 3&4

Hey Bill, do you think an axe will be enough protection? ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Coming down 1500 miles and you're not camping with us?? Traitor!!

LOL... I'll be seeing you there. They just seem like a real party kinda crowd and I really need that right now. How far will it be from your camp?

We are camping right off of N. Marina Dr. I don't know where the other road is by name.

It must be very close to where you are planning on camping. Maybe I can park between the two campgrounds. :)

Turn west on North Marina Drive, which
is appx. 2 miles north of S-22. This is
the road

Paul, it sounds like your group will be right where we are camping. I'd say about rock throwing distance, give or take. Your description matches our site exactly.
I live about 130 miles from T-haven. One or two other people attending live maybe 30 miles closer, but sure, you can drop and change tires at my house. Although I strongly urge you to reconsider not bringing your Thornbirds, what a hassle when you can use mine. Plus I think my BFG's will out perform yours in this terrain.

Char, maybe an axe isn't enough, what do you recommend?

You have a point there Bill but I'd sure hate to wreck your tires.

Bill,

I'd say an axe for firewood and a sharp tongue for protection. Oh, and of course, good liquor or beer. That always helps! Don't know why? Oh yeah, I do. It gives you courage.
See Ya! :p :D

The Price Of Admission

Ranger X,
I'm under the impression that there is no "general admission" price? In other words, will I be able to get in and check out the vendors and vehicles free of charge?
If it is true, I'll be there in a ' White Explorer'.

( My medical condition has not yet been resolved, therefore , no job ....yet)
Pete

Peter, yes you can check out the vendors and everything else.There is no gate, fence, ticket or badge.

Everyone, less than two weeks!
Brian K is not going to make it. Ray H might, depending on if he can get his lockers working.

I'm now planning on arriving Friday at midnite. Keep the porch light on!

Was at T-Haven

Guys, I was out at our usual spot this weekend....a let me tell you, it was HOT! Good thing this trip is almost here, because I think that early March will be the latest I'll be going to the sand. There were four wheelers and dirt bikes every where. There were people camping in the wash....back where Rick, Gopher and I were jumping. There were even people camping back where we took the pictures at T-Haven 2001. We did some wheel'n to try out my new sway bar disconnects....then took off, it was too crowded. I'm complaining now....I guess I better bring a lot of beer for March. Is anyone else that is going on this trip going to Joshua Tree next week end? Hey Bill, is there a chance I could borrow those tires for a couple of days? I did some fender trimming, and was just curious if I could run 33's.

This is the route I am going to be taking. I should be in the SLC area on Tuesday night maybe a little further depending on if I leave Monday or not. If anyone wants to meet up along the way let me know.
Bill I think I'm just going to give the Goodyears a try. I'm kinda curious as to how well they will work anyway.
Dead Link Removed

I cant make it

I am not going to be able to make it down for TDS. can't get far enough ahead in my classses to take a whole weekend off right before 4 tests. I will defently make the los coyates run. I am bummed I have tryed to go to TDS the last 4 years and something always makes it so I cant.

Matt

Hey Bill!! How have you been?
I wish I could make that trip, but I am actually taking my truck to get regeared that exact date.

I hope Rick takes plenty of pictures to report to us who don't make it!!

Hi guys. One week to go. It's going to be a great weekend.

Paul I'll be calling you next week. I'll be leaving from Walnut and will meet you on the 60 like we did last time.
Winters installing my new radius arms and fixing some bugs on the FAKRWEE. Talk ta ya soon.

Tom FAKRWEE

Matt, sorry you can't make it. Shoot for the Los Coyotes run.

Juan, where the heck did you come from!?! You too should try to make the Los Coyotes run. You gotta break in those new gears!

Bad news

I went for a drive today to check out my truck and the rearend gears are growling when coasting. Looks like I won't be bringing my truck. I don't want to take a chance on the rearend failing. I guess I'll just have to drive the old ghost car down.

Good news

I found the growling noise. It was a loose rear driveshaft.

So does that mean you fixed it and are driving it down?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes it does!

Back