Back To Truckhaven! - TDS Desert Safari March 3&4 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Back To Truckhaven! - TDS Desert Safari March 3&4

Bill, I want to get there Thursday night, what do you think the chances of me getting a good spot will be? I'm going to try for the area where Bronco Ray was parked. I'll do my best to hold a large area, but with 1200 offroaders I may be overrun!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rick, you should have no problem snagging a good spot in that area. The large majority of people get there Friday afternoon-evening.

Will the lovely Charlotte be joining you this trip?

Tom & I are thinking about getting their on Friday. It depends on if Colin & Winter can get off. I asked Winter if he could drive my Explorer out so that I could bring the camper also. If not Friday then early Sat. morning.

Also Tom was wondering if anyone wanted to go to Los Coyote also. If we were to get there early on Friday and did some run's and some on Sat. we would leave sometime Sat. late afternoon and go to Los Coyote and spend the nite there and then run L.C. on Sun. I also warned Tom that there could be some snow at the higher elev. and that we may not be able to that much. Something to think about. What are your thoughts.

One more thing, Bill do you have to pay the entrance fee if you do not run with the large group? What if some of us decided to do our own run separate from the TDS group. Any ideas on that. I'm asking this for some other people.

Paul B.

Paul

I'm not sure if you've talked to Winter yet today, but I told him that I could get that day off. I'm sure he is able to also, so it looks like we'll be able to head out there anytime on Friday.

Yes Bill, the lovely Char will be joining us... did you buy a new axe yet??? :D

hmmmm.....

Did Rick buy a new chair?

I'm not so sure that I like Rick's last post. Putting me and the axe in the same sentence. Is he trying to say something?

Colin, that's great, the earlier the better. I will contact Winter sometime before the weekend. Since I will have plenty of room in both truck's I can bring quite a bit of wood.

I could make a comment on Char's last post, but she know's me to well & I better play it safe if she going to be there.
Looking forward to this, boy do I need a break.

Paul B.
91 Explorer XLT/Modified/Supercharge
99 Ford F-350 CrewCab Dooley/V10
2001 Chevy 3500 Ext.Cab. Dooley/Duramax Diesel/Allison

Originally posted by Rick
Yes Bill, the lovely Char will be joining us... did you buy a new axe yet??? :D

No, but it looks like I'll have to now!!!

Originally posted by Paul M Bredehoft

One more thing, Bill do you have to pay the entrance fee if you do not run with the large group? What if some of us decided to do our own run separate from the TDS group. Any ideas on that. I'm asking this for some other people.

Paul B.

No, I've done that a couple times. It's not their desert to bar you from. Last time that I didn't pay, I ran some of their marked trail with more than a couple friends who also didn't pay. Al that happened was we got major stink-eye at the checkpoints. So now I pay out of guilt, and wanting the raffle ticket. One of these years, I'm gonna WIN something!

Also Paul, I don't want to go to Los Coyotes the same weekend. For me, that's cramming too much into one weekend. Plus, we have a trip there four weeks later. No problem if you guys go, though.

Bill, no problem, I doubt that we will also. It was just to see what kind of response it would get.

Paul B.

Since I have no job and I will probably end up missing Moab (again) when I do get a job I am thinking of going to TDS. I have to figure out a way to get down there though. I might just ride along if my truck isn't ready. I'll let you know. I'm also wondering if my Goodyear Wrangler AT/S tires will be good enough. I don't want to drive 1500 miles on the Thornbirds.

Damn, Paul. If you're willing to drive down here, I have an extra set of tires you can use. They are 33" BFG mud's, almost new, on 15x8 rims with 4" backspace.

I thinking really hard about it!! I just checked with Mapquest and it is actually 1625 miles from my house. Is it worth the trip?

Originally posted by Paul Gagnon
I thinking really hard about it!! I just checked with Mapquest and it is actually 1625 miles from my house. Is it worth the trip?
1625 Miles each way for a 4x4 trip? Wow. . thats. . hmm. .I'll call it dedication. :)

Originally posted by Paul Gagnon
. Is it worth the trip?

Only you can decide that! But in your first post, you were considering coming when you thought it was 1500 miles. So it's actually 125 miles further. ..!..? I will say we ALWAYS have a blast at Truckhaven. And if you're not working, what else would you be doing? It's winter up there!

Originally posted by RangerX
Only you can decide that! But in your first post, you were considering coming when you thought it was 1500 miles. So it's actually 125 miles further. ..!..?
I really couldn't care less about the extra 125 miles... lol... I was just correcting my mistake. :D
I will say we ALWAYS have a blast at Truckhaven. And if you're not working, what else would you be doing? It's winter up there!

Exactly my thoughts. :) I want to go somewhere warm. :D How far are you from Truckhaven? If you don't live too far maybe I could bring my Thornbirds with me and leave the Goodyears at your house for the weekend. I'm pertty sure I am going to be coming. Almost 100% sure. Gotta check a couple of things out first though.

What the hell!! Why not?!!! I'm going to do it. I've got a few things to do to my truck like coils spacers, steering, wheel alignment and power steering pump but I should have plenty of time to get all of that done.

must resist urg to attend..

must resist..

:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm going to camp with the Tin Benders. Is this close to where you guys will be?
about two blocks off the end of pavement, south of the road 100'

Back