Back To Truckhaven! - TDS Desert Safari March 3&4 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Back To Truckhaven! - TDS Desert Safari March 3&4

Paul B.

I was curious which way you guys were thinking of going. If posible I would like to meet just after the 79 East turn off. That would be the easiest for me. I'm going 15 south to 79 east. Winter knows exactly where I'm talking about. Let me know, I know you were meeting Tom off the 60 but not sure if it is out of your way to meet me there? Talk to you soon.

To get a hold of me easier e-mail me at f150chstrk@aol.com.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll be leaving in about 2 hours and I will probably be stopping in Butte Montana tonight then probably in the Las Vegas area tomorrow night arriving at Truckhaven early Thursday afternoon. My cell phone number is (403) 651-7575 if anyone wants to get ahold of me.

Weather

Just a convient reminder;http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Borrego_Springs/KTRM.html

Well I gave up on the breakfast-in-bed business. This time I'm gonna sell warm- Dry boots and socks for those who forgot to bring that extra pair. And I'm bringing a complete set of box wrenches to tighten down tow-hooks. Otherwise it's a bit soggy right now from the last 36 hours of light/ med. rain. Even when the surface dries up there may to be "moosh" underneath. ("Moosh" is a Hawaiian word meaning; "If I fall down in this I'm gonna have to scrape my Levis before I put them in the washing machine)
Pete

Aaakkk!!!

Well here I am still at home. I was having a little trouble getting the last minute details finished on my truck and when I finally came in to pack my clothes I remembered that some of them were still in the washing machine wet. So I am going to be leaving here at around 4:30 or so tomorrow morning. I'll see how far I get. Probably not much further than SLC.

Yeah, today's weather says high pressure building starting Thursday, so it should be nice. But the paper today said Borrego Springs had 2.5" of rain in the past four days (!!!), so it's gonna be a little muddy!

So his plans are a bit off.....

Just wanted to let ya'll know that Paul B. just called me up and he wasn't even close to being where he though he would be. He hasn't even crossed the border yet so he'll be awhile.

Tentative Plans

As of right now, I plan on coming out early saturday morning. If there is any reason for me to come out Friday, let me know. If anyone gets out there, and has an unexpected break down, call me at (858)689-9413, and I'll come with parts. See you all there.

Blayne, some of us are getting there early on Friday, so that we can do a run for part of the day. Like Colin mention, we should be there around 10:30 or 11 am. Hopefully hit the trail by noon or so. Camper is loaded onto the truck and the Explorer is ready to go!

Also Leebo, it's Paul G. or have I moved to Canada and nobody has told me. HA!

Paul B.

Rick, can you put one of those small Explorer signs on Marina Dr. where we are camping, so I can find you guys easier when I pull in late Friday night? Or else a strobe on top of your camper!?

Bill, I'll have one sign pointing toward the site. You shouldn't be able to miss the reflective tape :D

Well one day to go!!! Just got the FAKRWEE back and she's ready to go. Does any one know the final count on how many rigs are going.
On another note this morning is clear as a bell in Walnut were I live. I hope we luck out and the weather stays like this.
Tom FAKRWEE

CB

Bill, are you taking your CB? What channel will you be tunned into?

Yes, I'll have my CB. We usually use Ch 1, but with 1100 people using 40 channels, we may be channel hopping a bit.

Everyone remember firewood!

Just to reiterate my original plan when I started this thread, I would like to hit the trail 1-2 hours AFTER the 8am start to avoid the traffic jam. I do plan to watch the lineup leave at 8, to check out all the vehicles.

Felsman-
If you are going and want to leave Friday morning, Paul B., Tom R. are meeting off the 60 and Perris Blvd. at around 8a.m. Not sure if you are going or can get friday off, but just letting you know. See everyone else there! I'm out.

Weather

It's clearing, bring sun-glasses. Medium ceiling over the mountains. 50-60% Blue Sky 20 miles north of the Salton Sea (Indo, La Quinta). Drying, finally!
10:30 AM Desert Standard Time

Yes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My dad a a friend are gonna show up Saturday also now. I don' t think he'll get there until around the time we get back from our morning run. I told him where abouts we'll be camping and to look for us there. I'm almost off work and getting ready to get the truck ready.

Back