Back To Truckhaven! - TDS Desert Safari March 3&4 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Back To Truckhaven! - TDS Desert Safari March 3&4

Hey cool, TDS and I have the same birthday. Or darn close to it. Mine is March 7, 1962.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

azleahy,

Truckhaven is about 4 1/2 - 5 hours from Phoenix. If you go and need the best route you can contact myself or Rick. I think he's planning on going on Thursday.

Well, I finally see where my destiny lies in Explorers. My son Kenny was born on March 7, 1994. Isn't a coinkydink that that is the sameas you Rick.

The FORDS have to show up!

I know that a lot of other groups have used Truckhaven, but it kinda feels like home to us Explorers. I will make it for sure now...Rick, Bill, Brian...can't wait to see you all there. Hey Brian, can you bring some of that rum for me this time?

I'm not sure about this one. It sounds like there might be too much traffic in Truckhaven for me. But, If Ranger-X likes this event it must be okay. I can't decide. Will keep everyone posted.

Come on!

We could always sit around camp, tell stories about Mac rolling in Palm Wash, walk around and check out the trucks and talk to manufactures about new parts, and drink your rum. If it get's too crowded, we can sneak over to Anza and play in the dirt, or do the Pinyon mountain run....yeah, heart attack hill, with brakes!

Hi guys. It looks like a lot of GREAT people were born on March 7. Mine is on Mar.7, 1948. That date looks like something you see on the discovery channel, AAARRRGGG.

Hey Bill how are you doing. It looks like I'll be off that weekend and down in Carlsbad. I sure as hell would like to go. What is the travel time from Carlsbad and what route are you taking. I'll probaly go on Saturday round trip. What are your plans.
Tom (FAKRWEE)
P.S. Lets get together for the Coyotes before they shut down.
Tom FAKRWEE

Tom, travel time from Carlsbad is 2 1/2 hours. I take the 76, then S-22. I won't know for sure until that week if I'll have that Friday night off. If I don't, I'll go out early Saturday morn.

Hi Bill. If you go on Friday night where will you be staying, and if you leave on Sat. at what time. Also are you coming back on Sunday or Sat. night.
I'd like to go Sat. all day and do Los Coyotes on Sun. What do you think.
Tom
Who else is going.

I would love to go.......Anytime I can spend some time in the dirt with a couple other fords ranks high on the list.
A little problem though

It seems only 800-900 rangers were made with the exact same front axle/hub configuration that I have... yes it is stock, but Ford delaers cant even give me a proce for the new halfshaft because it is listed as an "obsolete" part

I am trying to go solid axle up front, but am pressed for time and cash if I am going to make it for this run..I would like to go so well see

Looks very good for me to be able to make the run. Any one want to hook up for the drive down. I will be leaving Fresno at about 1:00 Friday afternoon.

Matt

RockRanger, glad you're going to make it.

Shipwreck, maybe I missed a post of yours, but what is broken? Try posting about it in the General forum. The knowledge on this website sometimes surpasses that of the average dealership parts guy. :)

Bill, looks like Paul Bredehoft is also going. He posted it in the caution rock crawler thread. The list is starting to grow. Looking foward to it.
Tom FAKRWEE

Old Man Rios Dead Link Removed

Long time no hear. Glad to see you back on the board. Winter told me he talked to you about some truck stuff. I'm also going to the TDS run and Winter is going to join me. Can't wait!

Oldman Rios, Huh, you young whipper snapper, you. We'll see who the old fart is in TDS.
Can,t wait to see you guys.
Tom FAKRWEE

This is shaping up to be a fun group! So far we have Rick, Colin, Tom, Paul, Blayne, me, and my friend Ray(yellow Bronco) as definite, and Ray H, Brian K, HIX, Matt, Shipwreck, Leebo, Jefe, and azleahy as possibles.

Less than three weeks!!!

man..only to be 4x4.....one day.hehe. If i close my eyes hard enough.

I will be there. Coming in sometime friday night. I have to leave early sunday morning so my only trip out will be on saturday but still plan on having a blast see you all out there friday night.

Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I plan on doing a night run to the Ditches on Saturday, since we all had so much fun in them last trip. I'm installing a pair of KC Daylighters to help me find them at night, and some rock lights up front to avoid driving off drop-offs like last time! I don't like being strapped!
I'm also getting a new CB antenna so you guys won't have to relay info to me.

Matt, glad there's gonna be another Ranger present.
HIX, come on down and make it three! (I know it's a Mazda)

Back