Bigger tires and smaller rims instead of lift? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bigger tires and smaller rims instead of lift?

I know it sounds stupid but would it make it any taller? I measured my tires including the rim and its all 29 inches together. Its all stock. Supposedly I can have a 31 inch tire on a stock but if I buy a smaller rim, preferably 15x7, would that mean I can buy a tire bit bigger with out any clearance problems? I'd go for a body lift since Im limited on money but if I can just do the tires instead, I'd much rather go for that. I dont go off roading or anyhting, I just love the looks of taller suv's and trucks :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Moving to tires & wheels section. Bigger tires=taller...smaller rims won't help.

31's can look pretty sweet on the 1gen trucks never really seen it on anyother, i have a set of 31x10.50x15 westlake H280's they are all terrans, they are mean in the snow and mud, and do great on highways! it made my truck a couple inches higher, and i love they way it looks!

i agree

Back