BODY MODS (old skool style) | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BODY MODS (old skool style)

Here's my '97 Explorer 2wd 5-spd when I bought it
EXBEFORE.jpg

This the way she looked after the first round of mods
100_0221-1.jpg

And now is under construction (heavily influinced by the likes of Gearge Barris, Ed Roth, Bill Hines etc.) with some old skool body mods.

With the help of a '94 Explorer Sport as a parts truck
EXparts.jpg

I am building 'The One Ford Never Built' So here we go
100_0567.jpg

100_0658.jpg

100_0672.jpg

100_0681.jpg

100_0726.jpg

100_0727.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't wait to see how that front end turns out.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Subscribed and waiting in anticipation!

What kinda wheels are those? They would look cool with a set of old Ford hubcaps & a set of beauty rings ? :smoke:

What kinda wheels are those? They would look cool with a set of old Ford hubcaps & a set of beauty rings ? :smoke:

They are off of a '80s Crown Vic, they don't have knubs for dog dishes so I'll be using chrome center caps with chrome lugs and yes beauty rings are a must.

The build is still on the back burner right now, I'm building a car for my wife along with pouring a bunch of time and money into my daily. Not to mention recent changes to the emission laws in my area means it is a huge PITA to have a 'toy' between an '88-'99. '87 or older are exempt, 2000 and newer only need to OEM sensors and pollution control BS, in between years need tailpipe tests that unless it is driven daily will most likely never pass.

Depending on what color you paint it, some wide whites would look cool on it too. Yeah, I know all too well about emission laws. They put to rest a lot of good ideas/prjcts. :thumbdwn: And, yes I would call it a 'sedan delivery', kinda like the ol' Falcon couriers. :smoke: yeah?

well, being that I haven't touched her in over a year and a half, I've desided to sell it the way it sits.

I just haven't the time or money to finish it right now and all it is doing is sitting in the garage taking up space and rusting.

:popcorn:
There are the Centaurus Conversion Explorers that have a raised roof...

5711720004_large.jpg

5711720048_large.jpg

5711720018_large.jpg

Images courtesy of http:/ /www.cardomain.com

This is kinda cool. Never seen one before. If the Ghostbusters' drove an Explorer, now we know what it would've looked like. Like the rest I'm :popcorn: on this build.

Man every time I see an email about this thread I get pepped up thinking flaming has an update. :(

Man every time I see an email about this thread I get pepped up thinking flaming has an update. :(

So you must really hate it when people post on here with nothing of value to add........... :D

So you must really hate it when people post on here with nothing of value to add........... :D

Neh I love all ef replies and I get these new emails when sertain special ppl gimme a reply;)

I just read this whole thing to get disapointed dang it i wanted to atleast see somepaint and rims n tires

He was on earlier today. I'm guessing he's listening to ll of our ideas and he's building anticipation. I know I want this truck and he isn't even done with it yet.

Wholey cow! This thing is still going?
Well, I may as well put it to bed, this truck has been parted out and the body had a date with the crusher.

As of January 1st 2013 a law was passed in Ontario Canada that will allow police, MTO (our version of DOT) and even Ministry of Environment authority to pull over any vehicle that can be concidered "modified" for full roadside inspection. I have had a lot of friends have their plates pulled for total BS reasons (in most cases they have gotten the charges overturned in court but that is a huge PITA)

I drive truck so am hasseled on a regular basis by these authorities, the last thing I want to do is deal with them on the weekends while crusin

This has been a really hard decision but I decided to cut my loses before I had any real money in it.

Back