Calico May 14+15 - Anyone interested? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Calico May 14+15 - Anyone interested?

Felix

Reaction score
City, State
Ewa Beach, HI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Limited 4.6
I have been hearing about Calico Ghost town OHV trails. So I did a little reading up on it. Looks and sounds pretty cool. They have a few trails, like 6 or 7 and they go from somewhat stock to full modified with body damage.

This place is located off of the I-15 near Barstow, CA.

If anyone is interested in going up there on a weekend, or if you have run the trails please post up. I would really like to go check this place out.

If posible I would like to make this some time before the end of May. As it will get very warm around that area by the end of May, and down right nasty hot by mid June.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I might be in depending on how functional my truck is at that time. My buddy Tim went there a few months back and he said that place was pretty cool. Here's a pic he sent to me...he didn't take his jeep on this trail because he's still stock so he rode along.

calicopic1[1].jpg

And here's a thread with pics from the full size bronco board:

http://72.21.46.98/~fullsize/forum/showthread.php?t=32231&highlight=calico

I'd be up for that. I've wanted to go out there for quite a while.

Ditching the doors for good or just for trail runs?

I might be in. Depends on how built the truck is on weather i am driveing or riding.

Ok this run will be a birthday present to myself. So, I would like to make this for either the 7 & 8 th or 14 & 15 of May. Let me know what would work better for you all.

I have also talked to a cool guy (Turbrotoy) from Pirate4x4 that may be joining us out there.

the 7 &8th work better for me. The next weekend I will be up at a run in fresno So I wouldnt be able to make it. Still not sure if would be able to make this one or not anyway. Also I think the 8th is mothersday so for some people they might have a hard time justifing a wheeling trip that weekend.

I will have an open seat durring the trail rides as I am sure the wife and 6 month old baby wont be attending.

Got some more dates that may work better for everyone.

April 9 & 10 or April 16 & 17

This might be more do able for some people sence it is after Easter and before mothers day. Let me know what you all think. If I had the money and the wife didnt care I would go wheeling every weekend.

P.S. Collin you are always welcome to claim a seat as long as the wife is not going with.

I will go too. I will be lifted with 32s then. I am only 2wd so i will just ride along for the really hard stuff.

I am still trying to figure out what is up with my locker. Trying to contact some people about getting the warrenty filled on it. Will post up a more info when I have it. I want to do this run before it gets hot out. So lets all hope I can get this front axle problem resolved soon.

how much do you guys think I will be able to make? I have the stock LS but i dont think it does much.

Lets pick a date, anytime is good for me. I just need to know to take time off work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wanted to go out to Calico for awile! I remeber going out there as a cub scout. Although I'm not to sure about that trail with 10 guys try'n to pull the jeep up :rolleyes:

I should have the buper on then and if my tax's come soon I'll have the locker in the rear. :eek: Yes I said it....Stic-o's gonna finnally break down and buy a locker!

Back