Camburg 6" for 2nd gen Explorers/Ranger Edge | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Camburg 6" for 2nd gen Explorers/Ranger Edge

GIJOE said:
Hey Dave if its not too much trouble I was wondering if you could measure your front glass for me. Because I was curious if Hannamanns glass would be wide enough for my front.
I just need the measurement of the area in this picture.
it bulges out on the top where it is flat to 7" from the hood at its center and is 9-9.25" bulged from hood ad the widest point. they fit my truck perfectly which is only about 1.5 to 2" wider. you might be better off with fiberwerx's 6" bulge fender for an explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the measurement i think those Hannamann fenders might be an 1" bigger than Fiberwerxs 6" fenders.

Alright, I just checked out this lift on the Camburg website. Is this strictly for 2WD trucks? I see that it has a spindle in there so do that mean the most lift we can get out there is 4" without doin a SAS??? I'm planning on doin the SOA on my X and wanted a kit that would sit the front level with the rear since I have the Warrior shackles and AAL on the rear now....

yes its only for 2wd and it has 3.5" spindle so you can probably get about 6" of lift with some torsion twist, it will sit perfect with soa but it is the expensive route you could probably save yourself about $1000 just getting 3" spindles if you are 2wd

Ok so who's got action shots of this kit going through some bumps? This thread is way too old not to have any action shots... ;)

Dave go out and jump that thing. Meet us at Truck Haven this weekend. :thumbsup:

you are right about this thread being too old and dont you worry you will be seeing plenty of action pics soon, I would love to go to truck haven but im going to be building my bumper this weekend so i cant go. oh yeah me and a few of my friends are going to ocotillo the weekend of thanksgiving and ill make sure i have a camera, also its an open invitation to anyone who wants to join

any updates on how the longtravel's coming along gijoe? i cant wait to see it on an explorer

Well starting next week I am going to buy the rest of the parts coil-over and bumps.
And then I am going to go and talk to some people about trying to get glass that will cover my tires.

Other then that I have not had much time to work on anything for my truck my job is just been extremely busy the last two weeks.

well as i promised you earlier FROADER, here are some pics of the kit going through a few whoops at 50+mph

749310_73_full.jpg
749310_74_full.jpg
749310_75_full.jpg
749310_76_full.jpg
749310_77_full.jpg
749310_78_full.jpg
749310_79_full.jpg

all in all the kit handles amazing, it just floats over everything and rides really smooth

Did you pull those pics from a video? If so, post the vid!! :cool:

Attachments

• animation3.gif
    animation3.gif
    94.8 KB · Views: 367

yeah all the pics i have are from videos, ill edit them and get a vid up, where would i be able to host a vid and link it here?

I can host it. Just shoot me a PM when you're ready.

yeah that would be nice but i think i have milked the x for all the wheel travel i can get before i really start spending the big bucks

i just shot a clip of it this weekend to section so it should be up sometime soon, the footage isnt that great becuase i didnt want to wast time to film stuff or get filmed, there were a couple of jump shots and then the rest of it is when i was racing my other friends who were out there (smoked em too :D ). also judging from the film it looks like im gonna need to revalve my front shocks a bit stiffer.

Did you honk the horn on one of those jumps?

Yes he did... :p

Those Deavers look like they handle pretty well. I would agree with stiffening up the front a little bit. Looks real good.

The video I had of my Ranger was a section of whoops about 100 yards long, I'm still looking for it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah my horn did go off when i landed that one jump, i would love to see that video of the ranger ifyou could get it, where was it taken?

Back