Cdnroadwarrior's work in progress | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cdnroadwarrior's work in progress

2001 Explorer Sport 2 doors;
4x4, 4L SOHC.
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada

Bought my X after I totaled my '99 2wd Ranger on Christmas (No I had not enjoyed a beer yet).

This is a pic from the used car dealer's website:

explorer.jpg

Since then, I have removed the step bars. I also did a TT, added a leaf in the rear to level and strenghten the already tired springs. I sold the cheap tires it was sporting and mounted some LT245/75R16/E BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO. I also installed my Cobra 19DX with Wilson Trucker's Mic (plus gear keeper) and Lit'l Wil antenna.

Now I'm considering all my options for further mods, I beleive that a rear locker and skid plates are going to be next. For now ;)

nice x

Well, I found some skid plates off of an '02, I'm not too sure how they will fit but I'll figure it out. My order from Warrior products just came in and I need to go pick it up. I ordered some war153 shackles and the skid plates for the leaf packs. I would of received my Aussie Locker this week, but someone (not me) messed up the addresse and it's being shipped back to them. I'm trying to sort it out with them and they seem very cooperative so far.

I also took out my old chromed 15X7.5 wheels that I had bough for my Ranger. A little grit remover and some polishing brought them back to life. I'm waiting for mid april to purchase some BFGoodrich Mud-terrain t/a km2 (33X10.5R15) as my mechanic said that I'd be able to get a mail in rebate at that time.

Back