cgriffin's '98 NJ pre-runner build! | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

cgriffin's '98 NJ pre-runner build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cgriffin's '98 NJ pre-runner build! WAS SOLD

Well after Truck Haven and talking to Stic-o. I have decided to go SAS and full width. I just bought a 79 Bronco w/ Dana 44 from a guy out of Utah, for $400 for the whole thing. I am going to have ?s so get ready her I come!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

What town you moving to? Believe it or not theres actually a few good wheeling spots around central/south NJ.

well i got nothin up here really so let me know how it is down yonder.

Nice. Thats only a few minutes away from wharton state forest. Lots of good trails out there.

Dang, that is gorgeous!

Oh here are a couple of the trailing arms, and the top of the engine cage. It’s in the middle of the pics.

Geez, i didnt expect it to be all out balls to wall.

oh and where are you getting your 3rd from?

are those the Giant weld yourself arms?
Someday when I win lotto I can join you, this thing is gonna be so sick

Is that Currie 9" housing setup for a full size truck? I am worried about your trailing arms fitting the explorer frame and then moving out quite a bit to match up to the 9?

Sorry I am playing catch up on this thread

Holy Cow...Dang that is a lot of good looking stuff...

are those the Giant weld yourself arms?
Someday when I win lotto I can join you, this thing is gonna be so sick

Is that Currie 9" housing setup for a full size truck? I am worried about your trailing arms fitting the explorer frame and then moving out quite a bit to match up to the 9?

Sorry I am playing catch up on this thread

ding ding ding you get a cookie!

** plans changed**

Is that Currie 9" housing setup for a full size truck? I am worried about your trailing arms fitting the explorer frame

No, the back half of the frame is going to be cut off. Narrowed and a C notch tied into the cage to compensate for the width and travel issues. I am looking in to running a newer style 150 front suspension setup, axle shafts, hubs, rotors (similar to the pic). I fell in love with desert trucks a long time a go, rock crawling is fun but theres nothing like going fast. And yes I have made changes to the original plans.

So what's going to happen to the solid D44s you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back