Exhaust Manifolds/Headers GLOWING Red | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exhaust Manifolds/Headers GLOWING Red

Catalytic converters alter the gases coming out of an engine. The resulting gases are only tested for two chemical compounds. Some group and the government in the 70's decided that only those tow compounds were dangerous to the environment. All other compounds and elements by omission have been assumed to be safe for the environment.

I do not believe that the rest of the exhaust besides the only two looked for are desirable. The chemicals in a catalytic converter are dangerous for the environment. I submit that it is far past time to revisit the dangerous gases in the exhaust. I believe that the result of cats is just as harmful as an engine without them. A properly tuned engine running as efficiently as possible will burn up more chemicals, resulting in less pollutants.

I believe in obeying laws, but I also recognize that there are a massive number of stupid laws. Let's change the type of freon used in automobiles, R134 is much better for the environment.(sarcasm)

Back