Favorite color for an Explorer | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Favorite color for an Explorer

Favorite color for an Explorer

• Black

Votes: 130 30.9%
  • Metallic colors

Votes: 104 24.7%
  • White

Votes: 61 14.5%
  • Red

Votes: 52 12.4%
  • Yellow

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 65 15.4%

• Total voters
No question...Metallic Grey...shines like a beauty and matches the running boards/all the grey trim.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by leenjen

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

it's ok to like your explorer, but dont LOVE your explorer:nono:

POPPA DON'T PREACH I'M IN LOVE WITH IT!!!!

I justed edited the poll and the count. All of you who wanted an other category it's there. I counted your vote and added it in.

I love the color of my dark metallic green with eddie bauer bottoms. I love the way the paint looks after I buff all the scratches out of it and put on a nice coat of wax. When I get my next X, (a 95-97) I want either black, red, or blue (although yellow sounds interesting, maybe if the new rig needs a paint job :D )

Ya can't beat my Golden X!!:D :D I also like Rick's orange X. It makes a statement and it is a BAM color.

My Bronco II is Burnt Orange/Reddish color and Tan

Mine, Dark Highland Green because highland Green is my favorite. It was only available on the Fairlane 500 from 67-69. But Steve McQueen made it popular in Bullitt.

Jason

Pick just one? Not my style :D

I'm gonna be putting a dark green/black two tone on it when I get it painted, so I'll go with those two...

Mine would be the light metallic blue, but I call it "unusually blue".:eek:

Originally posted by ahhjaws
Mine would be the light metallic blue, but I call it "unusually blue".:eek:
I'll bet it's not as blue as mine is :D :D :D

Attachments

• mvc-007s.jpg
    mvc-007s.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 339

How did you paint underneath your car? That's cool! My X is just like your except ALL you cool mods. Even your windsheild wipers:D . Where do you find those?

well man , it's called many, many hours with a paint stripper disc and a wire wheel /drill, and a butt load of 311 blue metal flake paint from advance auto, oh ya and about a case of primer too, oh ya and clear coat, but i dont recomend doing this if you like to drive on gravel roads, mine is all shot to sh@t!!!!! i'm in the process of painting all of my suspension parts black, but good luck if you try it.:D :D :D :D

Maybe I will do it later. I still have to get my lift, axles, tires, and on and on....:confused:

Have fun!!

Yall know i love my blue X check it out if youve never seen it (the URL in my sig.)

Color

Dark Highland green........It's a pain in the a*s to keep clean.....but well worth the trouble

I'm partial to 2 colors that I don't have... the first is a red-orange that Ford used in 1998 and maybe 1999... The other is the true orange that was used on some 01 Sports and SportTracs

My favorite two are Fenderguy's grey and Madmike's blue

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like the gray metallic

I have a white explorer and like it but you always have to keep it washed so, it stays clean but it is nice in the winter because you cant see the salt but it does get dirty real quick. It is much cooler than a black truck. I do like the grey color because it is a classy color and I always like grey. Just wish the limited Explorers come in grey. I think the newer ones might but the older ones didn't

Back