• Register Today It's free!

Flatbed, rollcage phase 2 project

Ranger Digger

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger
Decided to start the foundation of my exo cage. This is phase two. Phase one was my stinger bumper. I will be building the roll bar, then adding the rest of the cage in a few months or so. If you're in the Denver area and want to do so wheeling, send me a PM.

Edit: I have since ditched the idea to go with an exo-cage. I have other plans that involve turning the Ranger into a expedtion wheeler with long range capibilities. Here are some more recent photos with the rear tube section. I have also made my own long arm suspension in front, added an Atlas 6:1 transfer case, and built a new front bumper. (dead link)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Waaaait. Why did you cut the bed up?

section525 said:
Waaaait. Why did you cut the bed up?

Yeah could have sold it and made some $$$ :confused:

Maybe he wants to lay the sheet metal over the flat bed when done.

Damn homes, you're all up on the fab work on this thing.

Signing up, this should be a good thread!

Hey nice work!
What are the specs on your truck and yes lets go wheeling, seriously lets go!
I would not mind getting out a bit this weekend (day trip) and there is talk or Sedalia over Labor day, interested?

nah it looks like your typical stockish BII with white spoke steel rims and white wall out style tires...lots of those still running around Denver....

typically they do a double take when I drive by them, they must think I am crazy with my V8, 35's, dents and white fenders

VVVVVVI agree with Froaders statement below, I am loving this Ranger so far...I wonder if he has a wristed arm?VVVVVVV
It appears that he has a bender = my new best friend!!

lookin good soo far cant wait to see it finshed

mynameisaric said:
is there a BII on dubs in the background?
i dont think so, i think it as the stock wheels with some white wall tires

signin up, this looks awsome

lets see some pics of the front bumper and the mounts for it as well. I need to build a front bumper and tube bed/cage for y 93 so I a looking for ideas :D

Well I tried to find someone who wanted the bed, but I ran out of time and decided I wanted to use the floor from it anyway.

Brian1 - Yeah I plan to mount the winch where it is in the photos.

410Fortune - Specs on my truck:

-'93 Ranger STX Super Cab

-4.0L V6, 5-speed w/Center Force Dual Friction clutch, stock BW T-case
one-piece driveshaft

-Rear Axle: Full width 9" 31 spline, ARB, 4.56 gears, sprung by skyjacker 6"
softride springs.

-Front Axle: EB Dana 44, ARB, 4.56 gears, upgraded axle shafts, disc brake conversion, custom steering 1-3/8 DOM tube w/ upgraded tie rod ends, 3.5" Wild Horse VR coils, Rancho shocks on F-250 shock mounts, 1.5 wheel spacers

Other Dodads:
-Warn XD9000i w/ synthetic rope in front
-Warn SDP6000 in rear
-Dual AGM batteries
-Hand throttle
-Braided steel brake lines
-F-250 Master cylinder w/ adjustable proportioning valve
-Corba CB, Garmin GPS
-Custom front winch bumper, rock sliders, and flatbed/roll cage (pending)
-Upgraded radiator

410 - where in Denver do you live? Unfortunately Labor Day weekend is out of me. It is my 1st anniversary. But my coworkers and I will be going out soon. (they are a bunch of Toyota guys :D)

Here was tonights progress-
Only had two hours to work tonight. Got the winch receiver mounted, bumper brackets made, and the bed floor trim and set into place.
(dead link)

RockRanger said:
lets see some pics of the front bumper and the mounts for it as well. I need to build a front bumper and tube bed/cage for y 93 so I a looking for ideas :D

Here is probably the best photo I have of the mount. It bolts into the stock bumber mounts on the frame.
(dead link)

There on more photos on in this thread.
Winch Tube Bumper

very nicely done!

I am in Littleton area, I am working on the BII this week after work to get her ready for some wheeling, she goes under the knife this winter (diet + full cage + chop up the body + more suspension mods) so I want to get some wheeling in before I park her for the final stage of the build.....I have been itching to go but was busy with other projects mostly this summer and had some BII issues, my $550 radiator took a crap after 8 months....

I plan to do a day trip this weekend somewhere and hopefully Salida Labor day weekend

*grabs popcorn*

Cant wait to see this one done.

410Fortune said:
very nicely done!

I am in Littleton area, I am working on the BII this week after work to get her ready for some wheeling, she goes under the knife this winter (diet + full cage + chop up the body + more suspension mods) so I want to get some wheeling in before I park her for the final stage of the build.....I have been itching to go but was busy with other projects mostly this summer and had some BII issues, my $550 radiator took a crap after 8 months....

I plan to do a day trip this weekend somewhere and hopefully Salida Labor day weekend

Your Bronco looks pretty sick. I have always wanted a V8, but since I already have the 4.0 and with gas prices, I couldn't justify it. But I love that sound.

I live in Thornton near I-25 and E-470. I'm pretty busy right now with my project and helping my friend from Lincoln,NE move, but we'll have to get together soon and talk trucks or go wheeling.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

defimantley!

There is nothing wrong with the OHV 4.0L at ALL.
In fact the only reason I went 5.0L is because I must have an auto transmission (wheeling/towing/daily driving) and I got sick or the A4LD and its problems.
I did not see the 700R4 conversion as viable and a C4 with only 3 speeds would suck on the highway to Moab...so I went 5.0L. Looking back I am super happy, but the 4.0L never really lacked power in my BII, the 4.0L had plenty of torque to tow my boat and turn the aired down 35's on slickrock....the 5.0L is just a bonus.

My next project is to hack my truck up, remove the glass, remove a ton of sheet metal, hack up the cargo area, and add a cage from bumper to bumper (engine, hoops for coilovers, cab cage, bed cage, etc)
I just need a bit more $$$ for a tube bender, some more welding crap, etc and then it's ON! Your skills are impressive with this fabrication, so I would not mind some friggin help! hahaha

Back