Highest mileage 2006-10 Explorer/Mountaineer | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Highest mileage 2006-10 Explorer/Mountaineer

188.5 k miles on an 06

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

148k on a 2006 v8 limited. Gets about 14/19 right now with 265/65R18 all terrains, the time for plugs and coils is near.

Everything still works as it should and it looks good. Ohio uses salt pretty heavy and I have one rust spot starting to get ugly, luckily it is hidden when the door is closed.

2006 4.0L with only 85,000 miles on her, but I More than make up for that with my work truck... 2013 F550 dually just turned 120,000 today! Purchased new in April 2013

Michael -

are you a transporter ?
100k a year - that's a lot :)

It's a flatbed tow truck and I run it personally monday to Friday 10 hours a day and two other guys also use it nites and weekends. It does about 1500-2000 miles a week . By the way this one has the 6.8 L gas V10. In the past we always bought the diesels but now it's like a $12,000 option on top of the V 10 price, so both of our 13's are gas

I bet you the motor does not have a chance to cool down :)

112K miles on my 08 4.6L still factory Rad with stop leaking holding it together lol ( yes i know i need to change it ) and still stock plugs. gonna do them once i have the money.
Still runs great and can get 22 MPG on highway flatness. got 19MPG avg from utah to CO on a trip with passes so thats good.

Might have a oil leak starting on the pass side of the motor and i think the power steering pump is making noise. Gonna take it to the dealer to get those fixed soon before my ESP ends. Almost the pass side exhaust leak might be coming back so may make then fix that again too.

My 2007 Explorer turned 7 the day after Christmas and I have 194,978 on it. V6 2 wd

2008 Mercury mountaineer, v6 all wheel drive and 334 thousand and change. Runs good but the 5r55s tranny is starting to clunk a lot when it shifts. Pretty sure the servo bores are worn out.

2008 Mercury mountaineer, v6 all wheel drive and 334 thousand and change. Runs good but the 5r55s tranny is starting to clunk a lot when it shifts. Pretty sure the servo bores are worn out.

That's insane! What are you doing that requires so much driving?

Did you say 334 K miles on a v6 ?

WOW

Any repairs to the motor (timing) or tranny ?

I actually bought it this way. It was a single owner rig that another guy bought at an auction. It's in perfect condition other than the miles. I'm trying to track the original owner down to see how/ why there are so many miles on this but still in this good of shape. When I get a chance I'll post some pictures. It appears to be all original and other than the one occaisonal clunk when shifting it runs really well. I picked it up on the cheap.

2007 4.6L EB 4WD 200,800 (new to me purchased with 199,x.. miles)
Recent highway trip averaged 22MPG

Hope to get at least 50K to 100K miles if possible.
Wheel bearings need to be replaced, summer project.
Power lumbar does not work, fan speed 2 does not work.

Other than that, very clean and solid truck!

Just bought my 2010 V6 XLT with 190K. But the engine is coming out right now because previous owner drove it with blown hose and baked the engine. New bullet has 51K! One owner clean carfax no accidents all ford records. Tow package with oil cooler and 3.73's,17's,adj pedals,auto dim rearview,sync. Brand new tires and all brakes 4 weeks ago, all for $1800.
011_zps6scgwfcv.jpg

New bullet
008_zpswgya38wq.jpg

2010 V6 Sport Trac. 155,550. Still runs and drives like new.

Just bought my 2010 V6 XLT with 190K. But the engine is coming out right now because previous owner drove it with blown hose and baked the engine. New bullet has 51K! One owner clean carfax no accidents all ford records. Tow package with oil cooler and 3.73's,17's,adj pedals,auto dim rearview,sync. Brand new tires and all brakes 4 weeks ago, all for $1800.
011_zps6scgwfcv.jpg

New bullet
008_zpswgya38wq.jpg

:eek::notworthy:notworthy

Nice! ha

I'm at about 138,000 now. Only real problem is my radiator needs to be replaced.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We're getting close to 105k on our '06 and still runs great. We're planning to move on at the end of the year for a 5th gen.:thumbsup:

Any interest in a '06 for sale later this year :D

Back